Normally I wouldn't post here just because I wrote a new wiki article, but this time it's a bit different. I wanted to announce this glory development a bit wider, because this could be a link that helps the newbees that just want to get rid of the ExampleApplcation. How to accomplish this, is a rather commonly asked qustion here, that could now be answered by linking to this article, if you want to.
Wiki URL: BasicOgreFramework
Mercurial Repostiroy URL: BitBucket BasicOgreFramework Repository
Note: There are separate branches for the different Ogre versions.
I hope that this will help the beginners with creating their first advanced application.
Regards - spacegaier
PS: Of course, I'm open for any suggestions and criticism.
- ported to Ogre 1.10
- added VS2012 solution (VS2008 still remains, but no guarantees that it works)
- ported to Ogre 1.9 (v1.8 remains as an own branch)
- ported to Ogre 1.8
- hWnd now uses size_t to prevent issues with x64 builds
- framework now hosted on BitBucket
- all platforms now use Ogre::WindowEventUtilities::messagePump()
- removed cg.dll dependency
- added some Linux specific code bits
- removed memory leak caused by m_pTrayMgr
Reorganized and renewed the media as I previously used media from older SDK version, resulting in crashes when trying to run with Ogre 1.7 media.
- old ogre head replaced
- alloverlays removed and replaced by SdkTrays
- reuploaded a "new" version built against Ogre 1.7 Final
- pressing "Escape" in the config dialog now results in the quitting the application
- removed all the CEGUI artefacts (which were in fact never needed before, I just never took them completely out)
- removed deprecated build command
- removed camera rotation via keyboard, as the mouse already handles that
- altered destructor to prevent the new OIS to crash on exit
- explicitly marked floats as such to pretend conversion warnings