Ember 0.2.0 Release

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
Azatoth
Gnome

Ember 0.2.0 Release

Post by Azatoth »

I've released the first version of Ember, an client for the Worldforge project. It uses OGRE and CEGUI. I'll just copy the announcement here.

Ember version 0.2.0 has been released and is now available from the WorldForge download site.

Ember is a 3d client for the WorldForge project. It uses the Ogre 3d graphics library for presentation and CEGUI for it's GUI system. This is the first release of Ember since it's fork from the Dime codebase. The focus has been on getting a working client out of the door. Games such as Mason are fully playable. Some of the features are:

* Full 3d world with dynamic terrain generation.
* Easy to use GUI system.
* Widgets for server browsing, login and character selection.
* Context menus for in game interaction.
* Support for experimental graphical features such as dynamically generated trees, realistic water and ground cover.

This version can be downloaded from the sourceforge download site, at the following locations:

* ember-0.2.0.tar.gz
* ember-media-0.2.0.tar.bz2
* ember-0.2.0-1.mdk.wf.i586.rpm
* ember-0.2.0-1.mdk.wf.src.rpm
* ember-media-0.2.0-1.mdk.wf.noarch.rpm

NOTE:
Due to limitations in the design of OpenGL support in Ogre you cannot use Ogre libraries on Linux compiled for the GLX platforms. This includes the official Debian package. This will get fixed in a future version.

More information can be found at the Ember site.

(I've also provided Mandrake packages of OGRE 0.15.2 and CEGUI. The Ogre rpm has to be installed with --nodeps though, because it wants devel(Cg) which isn't supplied by the Cg package.)

It's very much a work in progress, and and I would really appreciate input and suggestions.
psyclonist
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by psyclonist »

Looking good!

-psy