CEGUI 0.8.1 bugged?

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
xXx
Halfling

CEGUI 0.8.1 bugged?

Post by xXx »

I'm getting very angry at CEGUI at this time. I couldn't find a single guide on how to build it on their forum and the ones i found are outdated :(

The problem is really simple, i can't use it in my project.

I spent about 3 hours trying get the files with cmake, open the solution and build it and i still can't use it in Ogre. It keeps on giving me errors in the CEGUI headers like:

"ios_base" is not a class or namespace"
"ostream is not part of std"

and so on, for every single CEGUI file, for about 100 errors (then the compiler stops so the errors are way more than 100).

I changed the include paths to also point at CEGUI's, added the libs (for debug and release) but still get these errors.

Please help me...

Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: CEGUI 0.8.1 bugged?

Post by Kojack »

You might want to have a look here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69274
Transporter provides prebuilt ogre libs including cegui.

kulik
Gremlin

Post by kulik »

Post the entire compiler output and version details about compiler, OS, etc...

0.8.x is a new branch, it could be that we have messed something up but I think it's unlikely since this works for everybody else.
mpreisler on IRC | CEGUI team member, CEGUI Unified Editor developer, OISB founder

xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

Thank you really much kojack!!!!! That post is simply perfect :)

Anyway, i want to understand what did i do bad with CEGUI, i will edit this post when it ends building.

EDIT - Part of the log
Error 1 error C2039: 'ostream' : is not a member of 'std' c:\programmi\p r o g r a m m a z i o n e\cegui\cegui\include\cegui\base.h
Error 2 error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'OutStream' c:\programmi\p r o g r a m m a z i o n e\cegui\cegui\include\cegui\base.h
Error 3 error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int c:\programmi\p r o g r a m m a z i o n e\cegui\cegui\include\cegui\base.h
Error 4 error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int c:\programmi\p r o g r a m m a z i o n e\cegui\cegui\include\cegui\base.h

kulik
Gremlin

Post by kulik »

It's really strange that you censor line numbers and the rest of the output. Makes it much harder to help you...

However I think I see the issue and it will be fixed in 0.8.2. Could you tell me which CEGUI file you are including from your code?

Posting the ENTIRE (whole, all of it) compiler output would be very helpful and would tell me the above as well...
mpreisler on IRC | CEGUI team member, CEGUI Unified Editor developer, OISB founder

xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

Actually, I have to apologize with CEGUI.

Seems that new versions (0.8.0 and 0.8.1) are not compatible with Ogre 1.8.0. Infact, I downloaded all the SDK's precompiled by transporter (Ogre, Plugins, Boost and Dependencies) and now it works!

However, Boost dimension is really big, about 5GB. Can't I delete some libs?

Thank you Kojack and Kulik for the help :)

PS: Kulik, may i refer to you to ask for CEGUI in case i need help?
PPS: Kojack, are you experienced with Ogre Cameras?

EDIT: I talked too quickly. I don't get strange errors anymore, but it happens something weird with the headers: when i try to "create" a scheme

Code: Select all

CEGUI::SchemeManager::getSingleton().create("TaharezLook.scheme")
i get this error:

error C2039: 'create' : is not a member of 'CEGUI::SchemeManager'

I noticed that in the header CEGUI.h, all the #include starts with "CEGUI\". Is that good? because it seems that it can't find the other headers...

Also, i added to the C++ Directories "$(OGRE_HOME)\Plugins\include", here i have all the plugins by transporter (CEGUI, MyGUI, BULLET...) but i noticed that if i write, in my header, "#include <CEGUI.h>" instead "#include <CEGUI\CEGUI.h>" the compiler throws the 100+ errors like before :shock:

EDIT 2: I discovered what was the problem: simply, that the "SchemeManager" doesn't have any "create()" member, maybe it was removed in the latest CEGUI releases... Really, why to leave a tutorial in the main page if it is not updated anymore? This can be tricky, i found 3 tutorials on google (3, just 3) and all use "create()". What's going on?

Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

Kojack wrote:You might want to have a look here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69274
Transporter provides prebuilt ogre libs including cegui.
I always build the addons on ogre 1.9.0, you can't use them with 1.8.x!

Compiling CEGUI for ogre is a real pain, because their ogre support (CMake) is buggy. I can't say how stable it is.

dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

EDIT 2: I discovered what was the problem: simply, that the "SchemeManager" doesn't have any "create()" member, maybe it was removed in the latest CEGUI releases... Really, why to leave a tutorial in the main page if it is not updated anymore? This can be tricky, i found 3 tutorials on google (3, just 3) and all use "create()". What's going on?
Maybe it's the same as the default branch.

CEGUI::SchemeManager::getSingleton().createFromFile("TaharezLook.scheme");

spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Just FYI: CEGUI 0.8.2 was released today.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...

dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

Transporter wrote: Compiling CEGUI for ogre is a real pain, because their ogre support (CMake) is buggy. I can't say how stable it is.
I've been using the default branch for some time without problems on Linux where the CEGUI build only required the header path / Ogre lib name. It needed minor updates for Ogre 1.9 but then again 1.9 hasn't even been released.

I would guess there would be problems or the build would probably need updating for static builds.

And kudos to the CEGUI team for their slotted installs, if only the OGRE had this functionality.

kulik
Gremlin

Post by kulik »

EDIT: Regarding API changes and such, yes, this is a new API version, documentation made for CEGUI 0.7.x may or may not apply. Anybody is welcome to help us fix the tutorials and rest of our wiki. Includes now start with "CEGUI/". Please don't PM me personally for CEGUI support, use our forums or IRC channel.
Transporter wrote: Compiling CEGUI for ogre is a real pain, because their ogre support (CMake) is buggy. I can't say how stable it is.
We have been asked to implement horrible hard coded workarounds to make things work smoothly for people using Ogre with boost::thread. Long story short, we refused to do it. The way Ogre transitively injects dependencies on its users is very problematic. We don't want to side with any single user group, despite Ogre being a sizeable one in our community.

Our Ogre cmake support isn't buggy per se, we just don't assume you are using Ogre with boost::thread. Since we can't know for sure what you are using Ogre with we can't make an informed decision at configure time.

tl;dr: Please don't spread FUD.

xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

transporter: i didn't think that i would have needed to use ogre 1.9, i will switch to it and see if the problem persists or not... hope this was the cause, thank you :)
spacegaier: thank you for the info!
dermont: i tried also that member, but i didn't find it...

also, i don't have much time in this period, i will try to find some time to build CEGUI 0.8.2, but i want to download ogre 1.9 and try with transporter binaries first (quicker).

kulik: i can't help with tutorials unless i understand how to use CEGUI properly...

Anyway, not to spread FUD but for those like me who are learning, to build CEGUI is really a pain: i didn't find a guide on how to do it, and in CEGUI wiki the guide seems out of date....... a good post would be the explaination of the options you can set in cmake, with step-by-step instruction to fully build. Theoretically it is not hard, but in practice it is :)

ah, i didn't mean to write you any PM, was just to know if you can help with CEGUI functions

dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

xXx wrote: dermont: i tried also that member, but i didn't find it...
It should be there derived from NamedXMLResourceManager unless I'm doing something wrong here. I just tried with CEGUI 0.8.2.

xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

I discovered my problem:

in CEGUI.h there is:
#include <CEGUI/.......>
#include <CEGUI/.......>

in each header all the paths are prefixed with
CEGUI/

seems that my compiler doesn't see them, i should remove that prefix from every header file :shock:

how can this be possible? bad settings?

kulik
Gremlin

Post by kulik »

Definitely bad settings. The header names are supposed to be prefixed with CEGUI/.

WRT FUD, I was talking to Transporter, see the quote.

CEGUI is not a pain to build IMO, anyone at least a bit familiar with what compiler, linker and cmake do should have no problems. This is a fresh release, wiki tutorials don't reflect it yet.

xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

yes i know you was talking to him, its just a common way used here to say some things, like: "i dont want to say FUD, but i think that..."

Anyway, you didn't tell me how could i fix the settings :D

I checked, everything seems ok, i added to c++ directories:
$(OGRE_HOME)\Plugins\include
$(OGRE_HOME)\Plugins\include\CEGUI

In the folder Plugins i have all the plugins by transporter (MyGUI, CEGUI, bullet...). What's wrong.......

Transporter
Minaton

Re: CEGUI 0.8.2 bugged?

Post by Transporter »

@kulik
kulik wrote:We have been asked to implement horrible hard coded workarounds to make things work smoothly for people using Ogre with boost::thread. Long story short, we refused to do it. The way Ogre transitively injects dependencies on its users is very problematic. We don't want to side with any single user group, despite Ogre being a sizeable one in our community.

Our Ogre cmake support isn't buggy per se, we just don't assume you are using Ogre with boost::thread. Since we can't know for sure what you are using Ogre with we can't make an informed decision at configure time.
The ogre detection is not working - independet of boost! Also ogre+boost is a well known combination. Feel free to skip the ogre-boost-workaround and fix the bug 206. Btw, this workaround is working.
kulik wrote:Please don't spread FUD.
I can understand that you don't like critics on your project. A few bugs have been resolved (3a8015b, c268693, 0c56501) very quickly, but building with ogre on windows is still not working without patching cegui. You are the expert, so tell me what I'm doing wrong:

cd C:\temp
SET OGRE_HOME=C:\temp\OGRE
SET OGRE_SDK=%OGRE_HOME%
SET OGRE_BUILD=%OGRE_HOME%
SET OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR=C:\temp\Dependencies
SET CMAKE=C:\temp\cmake-2.8.11-win32-x86\bin\cmake.exe
SET DOXYGEN=C:\temp\doxygen-1.8.4\doxygen.exe
SET DOT=C:\temp\graphviz-2.28.0\bin\dot.exe
SET PYTHON=C:\temp\python-3.2.1.1-portable\App\python.exe
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\temp\python-3.2.1.1-portable\App\

REM http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Obtaining_the_library_source_from_Mercurial
hg clone https://bitbucket.org/cegui/cegui cegui-source
cd cegui-source
hg update -C v0-8

SET BUILDPATH=C:\temp\cegui-source\build
mkdir %BUILDPATH%
cd %BUILDPATH%

%CMAKE% -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_DIRECT3D9:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_DIRECT3D10:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_DIRECT3D11:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OPENGL3:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS_WITH_STATIC_DEPENDENCIES:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_ENABLED:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_DIRECT3D10:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_DIRECT3D11:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_DIRECT3D9:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_OGRE:BOOL=ON -D CPACK_BINARY_NSIS:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_IMAGECODEC_FREEIMAGE:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_OPTION_DEFAULT_IMAGECODEC:STRING=FreeImageImageCodec -D FREEIMAGE_H_PATH:PATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\include -D FREEIMAGE_LIB:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Release\FreeImageLib.lib -D FREEIMAGE_LIB_DBG:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Debug\FreeImageLib.lib -D FREEIMAGE_LIB_STATIC:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Release\FreeImageLib.lib -D FREEIMAGE_LIB_STATIC_DBG:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Debug\FreeImageLib.lib -D CEGUI_BUILD_XMLPARSER_RAPIDXML:BOOL=ON -D RAPIDXML_H_PATH:PATH=C:\temp\rapidxml-1.13 -D CEGUI_HAS_FREETYPE:BOOL=ON -D FREETYPE_H_PATH_ft2build:PATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\include -D FREETYPE_H_PATH_ftconfig:PATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\include -D FREETYPE_LIB:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Release\freetype2411.lib -D FREETYPE_LIB_DBG:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Debug\freetype2411_D.lib -D FREETYPE_LIB_STATIC:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Release\freetype2411.lib -D FREETYPE_LIB_STATIC_DBG:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Debug\freetype2411_D.lib -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=ON -D OGRE_HOME:PATH=%OGRE_SDK% -D CEGUI_HAS_PCRE_REGEX:BOOL=ON -D PCRE_H_PATH:PATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\include -D PCRE_LIB:FILEPATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\lib\pcre.lib -D PCRE_LIB_DBG:FILEPATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\lib\pcred.lib -D PCRE_LIB_STATIC:FILEPATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\lib\pcre.lib -D PCRE_LIB_STATIC_DBG:FILEPATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\lib\pcred.lib -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=C:\temp\cegui-sdk -D BOOST_LIBRARYDIR:PATH=C:\temp\boost\stage\vc100-x86 -D Boost_DIR:PATH=C:\temp\boost -D BOOST_ROOT:PATH=C:\temp\boost -D Boost_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=C:\temp\boost -D DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=%DOXYGEN% -D DOXYGEN_DOT_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=%DOT% -D CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS:BOOL=ON -G "Visual Studio 10" C:\temp\cegui-source
Result:
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Found PCRE: C:/temp/pcre-8.32/lib/pcre.lib
-- Found FREETYPE: C:/temp/Dependencies/lib/Release/freetype2411.lib
-- Could NOT find MINIZIP (missing: MINIZIP_LIB_STATIC MINIZIP_LIB_STATIC_DBG MINIZIP_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find FRIBIDI (missing: FRIBIDI_FOUND_ALL_LIBS_STATIC FRIBIDI_FOUND_ALL_LIBS_STATIC_DBG FRIBIDI_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Found OpenGL: opengl32
-- Could NOT find GLEW (missing: GLEW_LIB_STATIC GLEW_LIB_STATIC_DBG GLEW_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find GLM (missing: GLM_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find GLFW (missing: GLFW_LIB_STATIC GLFW_LIB_STATIC_DBG GLFW_H_PATH)
-- Found DIRECTXSDK: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)/Lib/x86
-- Could NOT find D3DX11EFFECTS (missing: D3DX11EFFECTS_LIB_STATIC D3DX11EFFECTS_LIB_STATIC_DBG D3DX11EFFECTS_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find IRRLICHT (missing: IRRLICHT_LIB IRRLICHT_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find OGRE (missing: OGRE_LIB OGRE_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find OIS (missing: OIS_LIB OIS_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find DIRECTFB (missing: DIRECTFB_LIB_STATIC DIRECTFB_LIB_STATIC_DBG DIRECTFB_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find OPENGLES (missing: OPENGLES_LIB OPENGLES_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find EXPAT (missing: EXPAT_LIB_STATIC EXPAT_LIB_STATIC_DBG EXPAT_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find XERCESC (missing: XERCESC_LIB_STATIC XERCESC_LIB_STATIC_DBG XERCESC_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find LibXml2 (missing: LIBXML2_LIBRARIES LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find TINYXML (missing: TINYXML_LIB_STATIC TINYXML_LIB_STATIC_DBG TINYXML_H_PATH)
-- Found RAPIDXML: C:/temp/rapidxml-1.13
-- Could NOT find IL (missing: IL_LIB_STATIC IL_LIB_STATIC_DBG IL_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find ILU (missing: ILU_LIB_STATIC ILU_LIB_STATIC_DBG)
-- Found FREEIMAGE: C:/temp/Dependencies/lib/Release/FreeImageLib.lib
-- Could NOT find SILLY (missing: SILLY_LIB_STATIC SILLY_LIB_STATIC_DBG SILLY_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find CORONA (missing: CORONA_LIB_STATIC CORONA_LIB_STATIC_DBG CORONA_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find PVRTOOLS (missing: PVRTOOLS_LIB PVRTOOLS_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find LUA51 (missing: LUA_LIB_STATIC LUA_LIB_STATIC_DBG LUA_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find TOLUAPP (missing: TOLUAPP_LIB_STATIC TOLUAPP_LIB_STATIC_DBG TOLUAPP_H_PATH)
-- Found PythonInterp: C:/temp/python-3.2.1.1-portable/App/python.exe (found version "3.2.1")
-- Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_LIBRARIES PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Boost version: 1.54.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- python
-- unit_test_framework
-- system
-- Found Doxygen: C:/temp/doxygen-1.8.4/doxygen.exe (found version "1.8.4")
-- Some or all of the gtk libraries were not found. (missing: GTK2_GTK_LIBRARY GTK2_GTK_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDK_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDKCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDK_LIBRARY GTK2_GLIB_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GLIB_LIBRARY)
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/temp/cegui-source/build
The current code could not find ogre on windows! What is my mistake? First it is necessary to find ogre then boost is required if boost is used for threading.
kulik wrote:CEGUI is not a pain to build IMO, anyone at least a bit familiar with what compiler, linker and cmake do should have no problems.
I agree now, because I have a working patch to fix ogre detection by using FindOGRE out of ogre sdk instead of cegui source version. Because of bug 206, I also have to add the boost workaround.
cegui1.patch
Patch to fix ogre detection
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

cd ..
rmdir /s /q %BUILDPATH%
hg import --no-commit C:\temp\cegui1.patch
mkdir %BUILDPATH%
cd %BUILDPATH%

%CMAKE% -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_DIRECT3D9:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_DIRECT3D10:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_DIRECT3D11:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OPENGL3:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS_WITH_STATIC_DEPENDENCIES:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_ENABLED:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_DIRECT3D10:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_DIRECT3D11:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_DIRECT3D9:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_SAMPLES_USE_OGRE:BOOL=ON -D CPACK_BINARY_NSIS:BOOL=OFF -D CEGUI_BUILD_IMAGECODEC_FREEIMAGE:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_OPTION_DEFAULT_IMAGECODEC:STRING=FreeImageImageCodec -D FREEIMAGE_H_PATH:PATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\include -D FREEIMAGE_LIB:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Release\FreeImageLib.lib -D FREEIMAGE_LIB_DBG:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Debug\FreeImageLib.lib -D FREEIMAGE_LIB_STATIC:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Release\FreeImageLib.lib -D FREEIMAGE_LIB_STATIC_DBG:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Debug\FreeImageLib.lib -D CEGUI_BUILD_XMLPARSER_RAPIDXML:BOOL=ON -D RAPIDXML_H_PATH:PATH=C:\temp\rapidxml-1.13 -D CEGUI_HAS_FREETYPE:BOOL=ON -D FREETYPE_H_PATH_ft2build:PATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\include -D FREETYPE_H_PATH_ftconfig:PATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\include -D FREETYPE_LIB:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Release\freetype2411.lib -D FREETYPE_LIB_DBG:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Debug\freetype2411_D.lib -D FREETYPE_LIB_STATIC:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Release\freetype2411.lib -D FREETYPE_LIB_STATIC_DBG:FILEPATH=%OGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR%\lib\Debug\freetype2411_D.lib -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=ON -D OGRE_HOME:PATH=%OGRE_SDK% -D CEGUI_HAS_PCRE_REGEX:BOOL=ON -D PCRE_H_PATH:PATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\include -D PCRE_LIB:FILEPATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\lib\pcre.lib -D PCRE_LIB_DBG:FILEPATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\lib\pcred.lib -D PCRE_LIB_STATIC:FILEPATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\lib\pcre.lib -D PCRE_LIB_STATIC_DBG:FILEPATH=C:\temp\pcre-8.32\lib\pcred.lib -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=C:\temp\cegui-sdk -D BOOST_LIBRARYDIR:PATH=C:\temp\boost\stage\vc100-x86 -D Boost_DIR:PATH=C:\temp\boost -D BOOST_ROOT:PATH=C:\temp\boost -D Boost_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=C:\temp\boost -D DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=%DOXYGEN% -D DOXYGEN_DOT_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=%DOT% -D CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS:BOOL=ON -G "Visual Studio 10" C:\temp\cegui-source
Result:
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Found PCRE: C:/temp/pcre-8.32/lib/pcre.lib
-- Found FREETYPE: C:/temp/Dependencies/lib/Release/freetype2411.lib
-- Could NOT find MINIZIP (missing: MINIZIP_LIB_STATIC MINIZIP_LIB_STATIC_DBG MINIZIP_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find FRIBIDI (missing: FRIBIDI_FOUND_ALL_LIBS_STATIC FRIBIDI_FOUND_ALL_LIBS_STATIC_DBG FRIBIDI_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Found OpenGL: opengl32
-- Could NOT find GLEW (missing: GLEW_LIB_STATIC GLEW_LIB_STATIC_DBG GLEW_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find GLM (missing: GLM_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find GLFW (missing: GLFW_LIB_STATIC GLFW_LIB_STATIC_DBG GLFW_H_PATH)
-- Found DIRECTXSDK: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)/Lib/x86
-- Could NOT find D3DX11EFFECTS (missing: D3DX11EFFECTS_LIB_STATIC D3DX11EFFECTS_LIB_STATIC_DBG D3DX11EFFECTS_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find IRRLICHT (missing: IRRLICHT_LIB IRRLICHT_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find DIRECTFB (missing: DIRECTFB_LIB_STATIC DIRECTFB_LIB_STATIC_DBG DIRECTFB_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find OPENGLES (missing: OPENGLES_LIB OPENGLES_H_PATH)
-- Looking for OGRE...
-- OGRE_PREFIX_WATCH changed.
-- Found Ogre Ghadamon (1.9.0)
-- Found OGRE: optimized;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/Release/OgreMain.lib;debug;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/Debug/OgreMain_d.lib
-- Looking for OGRE_Paging...
-- Found OGRE_Paging: optimized;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/release/OgrePaging.lib;debug;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/debug/OgrePaging_d.lib
-- Looking for OGRE_Terrain...
-- Found OGRE_Terrain: optimized;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/release/OgreTerrain.lib;debug;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/debug/OgreTerrain_d.lib
-- Looking for OGRE_Property...
-- Found OGRE_Property: optimized;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/release/OgreProperty.lib;debug;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/debug/OgreProperty_d.lib
-- Looking for OGRE_RTShaderSystem...
-- Found OGRE_RTShaderSystem: optimized;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/release/OgreRTShaderSystem.lib;debug;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/debug/OgreRTShaderSystem_d.lib
-- Looking for OGRE_Volume...
-- Found OGRE_Volume: optimized;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/release/OgreVolume.lib;debug;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/debug/OgreVolume_d.lib
-- Looking for OGRE_Overlay...
-- Found OGRE_Overlay: optimized;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/release/OgreOverlay.lib;debug;C:/temp/OGRE/lib/debug/OgreOverlay_d.lib
-- Looking for OIS...
-- OIS_PREFIX_PATH changed.

-- Found OIS: optimized;C:/temp/Dependencies/lib/Release/OIS.lib;debug;C:/temp/Dependencies/lib/Debug/OIS_d.lib
-- Could NOT find EXPAT (missing: EXPAT_LIB_STATIC EXPAT_LIB_STATIC_DBG EXPAT_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find XERCESC (missing: XERCESC_LIB_STATIC XERCESC_LIB_STATIC_DBG XERCESC_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find LibXml2 (missing: LIBXML2_LIBRARIES LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find TINYXML (missing: TINYXML_LIB_STATIC TINYXML_LIB_STATIC_DBG TINYXML_H_PATH)
-- Found RAPIDXML: C:/temp/rapidxml-1.13
-- Could NOT find IL (missing: IL_LIB_STATIC IL_LIB_STATIC_DBG IL_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find ILU (missing: ILU_LIB_STATIC ILU_LIB_STATIC_DBG)
-- Found FREEIMAGE: C:/temp/Dependencies/lib/Release/FreeImageLib.lib
-- Could NOT find SILLY (missing: SILLY_LIB_STATIC SILLY_LIB_STATIC_DBG SILLY_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find CORONA (missing: CORONA_LIB_STATIC CORONA_LIB_STATIC_DBG CORONA_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find PVRTOOLS (missing: PVRTOOLS_LIB PVRTOOLS_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find LUA51 (missing: LUA_LIB_STATIC LUA_LIB_STATIC_DBG LUA_H_PATH)
-- Could NOT find TOLUAPP (missing: TOLUAPP_LIB_STATIC TOLUAPP_LIB_STATIC_DBG TOLUAPP_H_PATH)
-- Found PythonInterp: C:/temp/python-3.2.1.1-portable/App/python.exe (found version "3.2.1")
-- Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_LIBRARIES PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Boost version: 1.54.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- python
-- unit_test_framework
-- system
-- Found Doxygen: C:/temp/doxygen-1.8.4/doxygen.exe (found version "1.8.4")
-- Some or all of the gtk libraries were not found. (missing: GTK2_GTK_LIBRARY GTK2_GTK_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDK_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDKCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDK_LIBRARY GTK2_GLIB_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GLIB_LIBRARY)
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/temp/cegui-source/build
Now it's working building the code:

devenv CEGUI.sln /build "Debug|Win32" /Project ALL_BUILD
========== Build: 28 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
There are a few more points on cegui
  • GameMenu, HelloWorld and Minesweeper are demo projects, their names should end with Demo like all the other examples
  • The doxygen file is very old, an update would be nice
    cegui2.patch
    Patch for doxygen update
    (82.63 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
    The option

DOT_PATH               = ${DOXYGEN_DOT_PATH}
    also fix path problems with dot.
  • The install scripts doesn't install the doc
  • It is not possible to install debug files (*.pdb) on windows
  • I would like to have seperate folders for each configuration in bin and lib
You think I'm talking FUD? That's your opinion, but my code is working.

dermont
Bugbear

Post by dermont »

@Transporter

The problem with building boost thread is surely down to FindOGRE? Why can it not supply the required boost libs/defines etc. required to build against Ogre on non static builds.

Surely it shouldn't be expected that every library do the boost find steps again.

By the way it looks as if (??) your patch cegui1 duplicates the boost library names and you need something like:

if (Boost_FOUND)
LIST(REMOVE_DUPLICATES Boost_LIBRARIES)
endif()
https://ogre3d.atlassian.net/browse/OGR ... %3D%20OGRE

Luckily enough on Linux with CMake you can get away without ever using FindOgre but since it is needed/used in building third-party libs FindOGRE.cmake needs to be updated asap.

xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

No help for me? :(

@transporter: in additalso have problems with binaries.

i renamed my previous ogre 1.8.0 folder;
i created the new OGRE SDK foler (pointed as OGRE_HOME);
i unpacked ogre 1.9 binaries, plugins and boost in that OGRE_SDK folder;

i copied ogremain_d.dll and d3d9renderer_d.dll in the project folder;
i rebuilt my project, thinking that it would have automatically loaded new ogre headers, libs and so on;

i get errors in kernel32.dll entry point :O

Transporter
Minaton

Re: CEGUI 0.8.2 bugged?

Post by Transporter »

@dermont
It could be possible to include the boost workaround in FindOGRE. Maybe I'll create a patch for that until 206 is solved. I'll have a look at REMOVE_DUPLICATES. The main Problem is that there are multiple configuration packages for boost and ogre. Also, there are different library requirements for boost. Since 1.5x chrono is a dependecy of date_time. So, I have to search for different library groups. Maybe this code is not the most efficient one for Linux systems but it's working on windows.

@xXx
I'll post an example how to use the different GUI systems with my SDKs. But the day has only 24 hours :D
Debugging an CEGUI Project is not hat easy, because there are no debugging information in SDK. I'll change that for my next release.

kulik
Gremlin

Post by kulik »

Transporter: You are assuming OGRE_HOME is the variable we use. That is not the case. See https://bitbucket.org/cegui/cegui/src/f ... at=default

Furthermore:

-D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=OFF
Probably not what you wanted. HTH.

We love constructive criticism. What we don't like is what you have done in your pull request that you later deleted.

xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

Kulik: maybe just a misunderstanding? Transporter was just trying to be helpful for me, i don't see anything offensive in what he said...

Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

@Kulik
OGRE_HOME is the default environmental variable from OGRE-SDK (http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... e+Ogre+SDK)

-D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=ON -D CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE:BOOL=OFF
I've copied CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE to firefox twice, of course this make no sense. I've decide to delete my cegui clone, because I won't invest more time in cegui.

@xXx
I've build small sample applications
  • OgreOverlay
    OgreOverlay
    OgreOverlay
    ogreoverlay.jpg (46.02 KiB) Viewed 7230 times
  • MYGUI
  • CEGUI
    CEGUI
    CEGUI
    cegui.jpg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 7230 times
Source:
GUIs.zip
Sources
(27.51 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Modify the SDK paths in OGRE.props to run the application. You can also see which required files are copied during the post-build to the output directory. The minimum required files for a CEGUI project out of my precompiled SDKs are CEGUIBase, CEGUICoreWindowRendererSet, CEGUIOgreRenderer, CEGUIRapidXMLParser, OgreMain, OIS and RenderSystem_Direct3D9.

xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

Thank you really much, transporter! I can't wait to play with it :)

But wait, why isn't there CEGUI project?

Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

xXx wrote:But wait, why isn't there CEGUI project?
There are three example projects in ZIP file:
  1. CEGUI
  2. MyGUI
  3. OgreOverlay