A Couple of OgreOde Questions

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
laweya
Kobold

A Couple of OgreOde Questions

Post by laweya »

I've been trying to use ogreode (Great work monster) and I think I've figured most of it out, I would like to put it into practice and bringing all the peices together is abit of a poblem.

1. I'm using the dotscenemanager and I have a scene with a number of meshes, I would like to create a a static trimesh for ogreode, I've searched the forum for a way of using vertices and index pointers and the one post I found wasnt very helpful. How can a get pointers to the vertices and indices for the entire scene and how do I use them? Since OgreOde requires me to specify the number of vertices and indices, how do I get the number when I have the pointers?

2. Joints - Eg, how would I go about creating a motorcycle, I need a joint to link my wheels to the body and which will allow my wheels to rotate, what kind of joint should I use?

If I apply a torque about the wheels X axis, the wheel rotates foward, how do I turn the wheel sideways, ie. about the Y axis since the Y axis moves as the wheel rotates giving a very accident prone motorcycle.

3. I have searched the forum for how to use transform geometry and I found a post by Monster which refered me to code in the OgreOde samples which wasnt very clear. From the post I know I can use it to position a mesh which wasnt modeled at 0,0,0. In the demo, its used to make up the crash helicopters body, I just need to know ho to use it.
Tommy
Gnoblar

Re: A Couple of OgreOde Questions

Post by Tommy »

laweya wrote:1. I'm using the dotscenemanager and I have a scene with a number of meshes, I would like to create a a static trimesh for ogreode, I've searched the forum for a way of using vertices and index pointers and the one post I found wasnt very helpful. How can a get pointers to the vertices and indices for the entire scene and how do I use them? Since OgreOde requires me to specify the number of vertices and indices, how do I get the number when I have the pointers?
I had the same problem and the solution can be found here and here.