Splashscreen - Loading bar

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
Anthea
Kobold

Splashscreen - Loading bar

Post by Anthea »

Hey,

i'd like to implement a splash screen for our game that is shown during loading of resources. Unfortunately I only found rather old examples that don't work.
Can anyone show how to do this in Ogre 1.9?

http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15040 <-- not working in Ogre 1.9 since OgreCore.lib is missing
So far I tried:

Code: Select all

Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().initialiseResourceGroup("Essential");

initOIS();
	createFrameListener();

mTrayMgr->showLoadingBar();
	Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().initialiseResourceGroup("General");
	mTrayMgr->hideLoadingBar();

createCamera();
	mRoot->addFrameListener(mCameraManager);
All I get is a black screen...

Thanks in advance!
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Splashscreen - Loading bar

Post by spacegaier »

Anthea wrote:http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15040 <-- not working in Ogre 1.9 since OgreCore.lib is missing
What do you mean by that? Nowadays it is called OgreMain, but either way you of course need to link it (and tell the linker where to find it) if that is what the error is complaining about.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

Works for me. I'm using the tutorial framework. In BaseApplication::setup I add the resources for the traymgr before calling BaseApplication::loadResources. So it looks like this:

Code: Select all

Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().addResourceLocation("../../Media/packs/SdkTrays.zip", "Zip", "sdktrays");
	Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton().initialiseResourceGroup("sdktrays");
	createFrameListener();

mTrayMgr->showLoadingBar();
	loadResources();
	mTrayMgr->hideLoadingBar();
Anthea
Kobold

Post by Anthea »

Okey, I reverted to the Basetutorial and that worked for me. Seems that I played to much in code :p

Is there anywhere a tutorial how I can change the background or theming of the loading screen?
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

Unzip SdkTrays.zip and you can see how it has been themed. All the materials and textures are in there.