Compositor cull meshes

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
andreahmed
Kobold

Compositor cull meshes

Post by andreahmed »

Hi all,

I have a strange problem.. I tried to load models, whenever I use ANY compositor that is used in the samples, the meshes are culled and some parts of it are invisible.. I tried to disable depth checking in the material of the compositor but still no luck. ANY mesh it's culled and some parts of it are visible.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Compositor cull meshes

Post by dark_sylinc »

Read the forum rules and also read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.

Your post, as is written, tells us nothing on your problem, what you're doing, how you're doing it, why it could be happening, and what we could suggest to fix it. Not even a picture to help illustrate the problem.

Cheers
Matias
andreahmed
Kobold

Post by andreahmed »

Thanks for your reply.

What I'm doing is just renderWindow->AddViewPort(); I'm adding two viewports for double vision mode.

Then I'm using a compositor from the samples as it is, like the glass, and then I add the compositor to the two view ports. I have a rendered mesh. The mesh is culled, some parts of it are invisible. and I "see" through it. I tried in the material to disable depth checking, depth write off, but still the mesh is not rendered correctly.
andreahmed
Kobold

Post by andreahmed »

what I noticed is the depth is destroyed when I use the compositor... however I set depth check on but nothing happens, the depth is never checked
andreahmed
Kobold

Post by andreahmed »

Here is a picture
the depth is not written at all, even If I enable it in the material of the compositor