Strange behaviour of anti aliasing option

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
chriskang
Gnoblar

Strange behaviour of anti aliasing option

Post by chriskang »

I'm running Ogre (cvs head version) under Windows XP and i noticed something strange with the ConfigDialog window displayed on startup. Here's the problem :
If the ogre.cfg file already exists in my Ogre directory, everything works fine. I get 3 available options for anti aliasing ("None", "NonMaskable 1", "NonMaskable 2") which is perfectly normal.
Now, i destroy the ogre.cfg and run my app again. The ConfigDialog pops up (at this point it is empty) but, whatever the render i choose the only available option for anti aliasing is "None".

Is it normal behaviour?

I was thinking about using the restoreConfig() function on startup and only call showConfigDialog() if ogre.cfg isn't there. But if do that my player will never be able to activate anti aliasing.

Could you give me an advice to solve this problem?

--
ChrisKang
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

This is because the AA quality list cannot be determined until a video mode is selected. Try selecting a video mode then dropping down the list.
chriskang
Gnoblar

Post by chriskang »

The problem is when you select a new render system (D3D9 in my case), it shows that a default video mode is selected (800 x 600 @ 32 bits) but this video mode doesn't activate the AA option.
If you change this default value (even by selecting "800x600@32" again) then the AA option is ok indeed.

Is there a way to tell the ConfigDialog to refresh AA options just after setting the default value for the video mode?

Thanks for your help.

--
ChrisKang
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

I'll log this as a bug for now and we'll have to come back to it - should be doable although I think it's the rendersystem which is not enumerating the AA options at that stage.