SampleBrowser without X11

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
Ezerg
Gnoblar

SampleBrowser without X11

Post by Ezerg »

Hello everyone, after a long battle I was able to compile Ogre1.10.12 on an arm device (gles2) with EGL support and some hacks to render a window without using X11. Main problem is that SampleBrowser app starts fine (no errors on console) but I cannot get any input response (mouse nor keyboard) so I cannot run any sample :x.
I suppose that SDL (i'm using version 2_0_8) is somehow broken when not using X11. I'm using https://gist.github.com/DanielGibson/12 ... 40cbbfbaf9 to test keyboard/mouse events.

AFAIK SDL cannot detect any input events if it doesn't create a render window by it's own so I tried setting a "dummy" video driver, but nothing happens...

Anyone got a hint about SDL running without X11?

Thanks for reading!
paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: SampleBrowser without X11

Post by paroj »

you can specify a startup sample at the command line as "./SampleBrowser 0" (first sample)
Ezerg
Gnoblar

Re: SampleBrowser without X11

Post by Ezerg »

Hi paroj,
yes, already tried that and I was able to launch the samples but It would be nice to have keyboard and mouse input for navigation, especially on the terrain demos.