[PS4] [XBox] PlayStation 4 and XBox One Support

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
megapink
Gnoblar

[PS4] [XBox] PlayStation 4 and XBox One Support

Post by megapink »

Hi! Looking at the showcase trailers, I see Hob and X-Morph ship to PS4. Does anyone know how hard it is to port an ogre game to PS4? I mean, it's clearly doable, but how tough can it be exactly?

Also, as far as I could make it, due to UWP, any ogre game should work on xbox one without too much sourcery, right?

The thing is, I don't really want to use an engine and would rather use a seperate graphics module.
sercero
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Re: [PS4] [XBox] PlayStation 4 and XBox One Support

Post by sercero »

Hello,

I don't think you will get an answer to this, since the people who are developing for these platforms have to sign an NDA.

I already looked into this subject and there are not many threads because it seems that most in the forum know about it or are not interested.

The little I know is that you have to use the SDK compiler, it uses OpenGL and well the CPU is x86.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/commen ... te_entity/

Hopefully someone else knows more than me, but don't hold your breath.

Best regards,
Guillermo
megapink
Gnoblar

Re: [PS4] [XBox] PlayStation 4 and XBox One Support

Post by megapink »

sercero wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:55 am The little I know is that you have to use the SDK compiler, it uses OpenGL and well the CPU is x86.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/commen ... te_entity/
Well, at least that's something!

Haven't seen that thread smh yet, thanks for linking it.
sercero wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:55 am Hopefully someone else knows more than me, but don't hold your breath.
I will just keep silently waiting : )