convert orthographic model to perspective

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
discipline
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

convert orthographic model to perspective

Post by discipline »

I mistakenly created a model through blender in orthographic mode. She looks funny in perspective mode and I realized I should have been modelling with a perspective camera. Anyone know of a way in blender or another utility to convert the mesh itself from orthographic to perspective without remodelling? Searching has left me empty handed as of yet.

Also, what good is orthographic mode, either in a modeller or orthographic? I understand it is like a rectangular camera (with parallel rays) instead of a point camera. But why?
discipline
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by discipline »

Searching more turned up some hits on blender forums. Someone posted a conversion script here.

But it doesn't work accurately on my mesh. Discussions say people model in either perspective exclusively or in both modes simultaneously. The word is when one gets better at modelling, one starts to get a better sense of what things really look like. :?

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=399116

Looks like I need to redo my model. :cry:
discipline
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by discipline »

Well, I brought in her cheek bones a little more and made her 4 times larger (I think she was pretty small compared to the camera) and I guess she doesn't look so bad.

Oh, and for those keeping score, someone got a new video card!
yjzhou
Gnoblar

Re: convert orthographic model to perspective

Post by yjzhou »

Excuse me, hi sorry - I know this is a really old thread - but does anyone still have the script? or any new scripts or addons?