Instead of having to install a single Python file, you will soon have to deal with several files, that also need more space on your hard disk. Furthermore, I probably added tons of new and old bugs to the exporter. In other words: The preview-exporter contains all basic features now, most notably shape and armature animation export.
Please test this exporter and report any problems here in the forum.
Some remarks on the current version:
- Save before export, especially if you export several actions. Blender 2.42 seems to have a problem to restore to a given pose via Python.
- All meshes are exported in the mesh object's coordinate system, the unnecessary additional export transformation is no longer available. Apply your object transformation before exporting, if necessary.
- Keyframes are not yet optimized, so the resulting files tend to get large.
- The exporter code is not yet optimized, so the export process may take a while.
- All animations are sampled keyframe by keyframe. You don't need to bake any constraints.