Latest Blender Export Script [Wed Aug 25, 2010 - v1.4]

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
mkultra333
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Re: Latest Blender Export Script [Wed Aug 25, 2010 - v1.4]

Post by mkultra333 »

If it's just a blank vertex to vertex path, you might be able to export it as some other kind of simple mesh, like a wavefront obj, then load and parse the mesh manually yourself, since you don't really need ogre's mesh features. If you can't find a format that works, you could maybe even write one yourself in python, since your needs are pretty minimal. I vaguely remember there being an example exporter you could modify.

If you really, really want it to be an ogre mesh, you might need to build your path, then select all the verts and extrude it just a tiny bit and convert to quads to triangles. So it'll really be a mesh line of quads instead of a line. Later, when you use the path in the game or whatever, you'll have to do an extra little bit of processing, possibly preprocessing it, to ignore redundant vertices.
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - Psychology Textbook.
Mafioso
Kobold

Post by Mafioso »

Thanks for the reply, I made it, just made a plane and extruded it further, this way the whole plane have to sides corresponding to two paths. However I have another problem, this time with shape keys. I made an animation with 12 keys from frame 1 which is 1 influence for them all and 100 frame which is 0 influence, it's fine in blender, but later when I export it to .mesh, last bits of the animation, like 0.3 second, makes the animation go from 0 which is my last influence, back to 1. I don't know why the exporter does that. So the question is, must I do the influences like 0 to 1 to 0 again, to make it work or am I missing something, because I just need what I got now
sander
Gnoblar

Post by sander »

Hey! I started using this script a few days ago and have been trying to export an image of a hand with bones in each finger, one for the palm and one for the arm. All exporting went fine but when I loaded this into OGRE it made a mess of everything and nothing seemed to be located where it should be...

In order to better understand the problem I therefore took away all of the bones and only put in two; the palm and the arm. This to see how they did when exported, and even here I cannot manage to make it work. The problem is that the rotation of the armature doesn't seem to get exported properly and therefore the exported mesh looks weird...

This is how it looks in blender before I export it:
The hand, with armatures, in blender.
The hand, with armatures, in blender.
The same mesh after exporting it, in implementation:
Hand in the OGRE environment
Hand in the OGRE environment
Hand_VRE.JPG (11.61 KiB) Viewed 51045 times
I have read through most of this thread, atleast the relevant posts, and tried to reset the object & armatures position, rotation, origin in blender (in Object Mode) without any success.

Has anyone encountered this aswell?
/Sander
QuantumFlux
Gnoblar

Post by QuantumFlux »

Try going to edit mode, selecting all the bones, then press Ctrl-N and select Active Bone, that resets the bone's rotation along their local Y-Axis. If that doesn't work, I don't know either.
artich0ke
Gnoblar

Post by artich0ke »

nvm, solved.
velthune
Gnoblar

Post by velthune »

Hi everybody!

I need to export .blend to .mesh and .skeleton using blender version 2.6.1: it is possible?
LiMuBei
Goblin

Post by LiMuBei »

velthune wrote:Hi everybody!

I need to export .blend to .mesh and .skeleton using blender version 2.6.1: it is possible?
Try this
sinoshva
Gnoblar

Post by sinoshva »

Hello,
Is there any way to export ".anim" files from Blender? Basically it should have the translation and rotation values of a particular object in particular time frames.
KinoDro
Gnoblar

Post by KinoDro »

i installed everything i needed but when i try to export the OGRE format it says "This script needs a full python 2.5 installation, please refer to the blender website how to install pyhon for blender" though i already have python 2.5.
what am i supposed to do?
bstone
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by bstone »

Check the thread Blender 26 Ogre Exporter. Somewhere on the later pages there should be the most recent version of the exporter that works with Blender 2.66. This one is not actual as far as I can tell.
Jeroma
Gnoblar

Post by Jeroma »

In the wiki I updated the Python link (because exporter dependency changed).
It would be nice, if you keep the wiki page up to date.
http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Blender_Exporter
Vido
Halfling

Post by Vido »

Hey guys, the tool is awesome, thanks for maintenance all this time but I need other option on axes switch.In blender my character is pointing to -y and should point to x how hard it would be to add this option, and maybe add other possible options to swap along other axis :) Cheers
Vido
Halfling

Post by Vido »

Exporter keep reporting that vertex 38 is in more than 4 vertex groups even I removed it from 3 of 5, Im using python script to find which vertex is part of which vertex group, and this vertex is part of 2 vertex groups but exporter keep saying that is in in more then 4. What is going on here, any suggestion ?
jon albert
Gnoblar

Post by jon albert »

Vido wrote:Exporter keep reporting that vertex 38 is in more than 4 vertex groups even I removed it from 3 of 5, Im using python script to find which vertex is part of which vertex group, and this vertex is part of 2 vertex groups but exporter keep saying that is in in more then 4. What is going on here, any suggestion ?
same case with mine but the point to ponder is how to fix it!
Vido
Halfling

Post by Vido »

jon albert wrote: same case with mine but the point to ponder is how to fix it!
I did solve it by setting "Trim Weights" to 0.02 or 0.1
allennicol
Gnoblar

Post by allennicol »

I did solve it by setting "Trim Weights" to 0.02 or 0.1