Latest Blender Export Script [Wed Aug 25, 2010 - v1.4]

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
bencevoltam
Gnoblar

Re: Latest Blender Export Script [Fri Feb 13, 2009 - v1.1a]

Post by bencevoltam »

Thanks for the explanation(s).

I think i need almost all of them, so i remove that filter.
cskb.,
SaiCo
Halfling

Post by SaiCo »

bencevoltam wrote:I think i need almost all of them, so i remove that filter.
Hmm. think just using that button seen on picture below would be easier ?
all project's dead .. maybe time for something on me own :/
bencevoltam
Gnoblar

Post by bencevoltam »

Thx.

I did rewrite the script to have a non-interactive exporter (so i can process multiple files in one row, outside from blender, with automatic action selections, naming etc). I had to do everything from script.

I have lots of models and animations still in development (and more to come). It takes to much time to export them one by one for testing and other purposes.

cskb.,
nasif
Gnoblar

Post by nasif »

i read all post in this thread, but nobody is saying anything for macOsx10.5

I am using blender2.48a in my macosx10.5. The blender folder one i have in my /Application/blender/ have a plugin directory.

It have three subdirectory (sequence,include,texture) and two files(bmake and makefiles)

then two which folders i can copy all *.py files from the ogrepkg directores(which is a subdiretory in the BlenderExport-which are downloaded from the above link)

And ogrehelp directories have an image folder and .css files( ithink there is no use with this)things

Please help to setup my blender with ogremeshexporter

Thanks
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Just read the docs. :wink:
Put it in scripts.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Beauty
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by Beauty »

In the wiki I updated the Python link (because exporter depency changed).
It would be nice, if you keep the wiki page up to date.
www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Blender_Exporter
Help to add information to the wiki. Also tiny edits will let it grow ... :idea:
Add your country to your profile ... it's interesting to know from where of the world you are.
lf3thn4d
Orc

Post by lf3thn4d »

Oh. Really sorry about that. I must have missed that.

bencevoltam: Wow, I've not hit that problem with my artist yet. I basically just tell him to learn the exporter and load it up in the in-house model viewer to test himself. Saves me lots of trouble. :)

Btw guys, Really sorry for the slow reply. I've been very busy.

On another note, the Blender community is rewriting their UI system and hence break compatibility with old script plugins. However it's a great improvement which should give us a much more robust exporter. When the time comes, I will need to port the exporter over to the new system. Hopefully it won't be too much work. Hopefully their new system would support on the fly object picking events. That way we can do away with the [Update] button. :) With that, I might even add custom material property support directly in the exporter for easier use. :)
SaiCo
Halfling

Post by SaiCo »

Yep. 2.5 wuld be avesome, but that would be in june-july, optimistically.

If i may add 0.02$, some way to save export presets, especially animation list would be really great . Right now I have ~20 anims and I need to set them up by hand on every character using same base skeleton. With 2 chars thats managable, but wit ~30 (the target) and with ~120 animations ... gives me nightmares. I'm not a coder so i do not know if some kind of saving/transferring is possible, but well, it would be one helluva time-saver
bencevoltam
Gnoblar

Post by bencevoltam »

SaiCo wrote:Yep. 2.5 wuld be avesome, but that would be in june-july, optimistically.

If i may add 0.02$, some way to save export presets, especially animation list would be really great . Right now I have ~20 anims and I need to set them up by hand on every character using same base skeleton. With 2 chars thats managable, but wit ~30 (the target) and with ~120 animations ... gives me nightmares. I'm not a coder so i do not know if some kind of saving/transferring is possible, but well, it would be one helluva time-saver
Maybe I can help you. But I need to know more precisely, what do you have, and what do you need.
For example, it's easy to get all action selected automatically when you run the script. (you can also define filter rules which one should be auto selected,if you want)
It's only some line of codes. Or you could load action names form a file, so ... what do you need?

cskb.,
bencevoltam
Gnoblar

Post by bencevoltam »

lf3thn4d wrote: Hopefully it won't be too much work.
Let's hope together :D
cskb.,
lf3thn4d
Orc

Post by lf3thn4d »

@SaiCo:
Like bencevoltam said, it should be possible. :) However I do have another idea of doing it. One question, are all your characters in the same blender file or are they separate? If they are in the same file, we could add a feature to clone actions from a target object. If it's separate, we could add the feature of saving action list into a file which can be loaded up later.

Either way, the catch will be that the armature name and action name must match.

On second thought, it's probably a good idea to have both. :P
mrmo
Gnoblar

Post by mrmo »

Hello, my 3d artists are having problems converting their models in to .mesh using this exporter. The error is:

"Error in normalize! Face in mesh 'nameOfMesh' too small."

I understand if ogre can't have faces smaller then X (what is the required size btw?) but it would be really helpful if you could show which face is too small.
Perhaps giving coordinates or ID or something (Although I don't think blender shows these things when selecting a vertex >.< at least I don't think we know how to make it show).
lf3thn4d
Orc

Post by lf3thn4d »

Hey mrmo,
This means that you have invalid triangles in the mesh. This happens when you have two or more vertices of the same triangle very close or exactly at the same spot. This makes the triangle surface area close to or exactly zero. One way to solve this is to use the Clean Mesh python script. ;) The other way is to manually move each vertices around and find the trouble maker. :P
hike1
Greenskin

Post by hike1 »

I can export with your exporter, but I just opened a file for the 1st time in 4 months, all but
1 of my textures is pink. I asked Blenderartists about this but didn't understand the answer, apparently
Blender wants the textures to be at e:/grafprog/modeling/blender242/meshes/buildings/dungeon_tut_new.

I even made a CD with this directory, (E: is my CD drive) but it's still all pink. I heard if you 'compress file' the
textures will be in the Blend file so they'll always load. Still doesn't solve the pink problem on my existing file though.
lf3thn4d
Orc

Post by lf3thn4d »

Most likely you had absolute path set for that texture in blender. Either way, this has nothing to do with the exporter script. It's a blender issue. ;) Wrong forum. Sorry.
Rasengan
Halfling

Post by Rasengan »

Hello,

Anybody know how to retrieve the sizeX, sizeY and sizeZ scale factors for a texture in the Map Input widget?
I don't see anything in Flags for MTex.texco...
Thanks for help!
lf3thn4d
Orc

Post by lf3thn4d »

Hi, are you looking to export those flags using the custom material template system? If so I have not exposed it yet. I will add them and do a new release :)
Rasengan
Halfling

Post by Rasengan »

Hi,

I'm trying to get those settings using Blender Python API, in the current material exporter script.
I don't know how to use the custom material template... :)
lf3thn4d
Orc

Post by lf3thn4d »

Ah, you can get it using the tuple properties of MTex.size (sizeX, sizeY and sizeZ) and MTex.ofs (offsetX, offsetY, offsetZ) :) Accessing each of the X,Y,Z is simply doing [0], [1] or [2] ;)

I really need to put up a better example on how custom material template works. Really, it will ease a lot of material exporting work. Unfortunately it seemed that I'm the only one using it. :( Anyways, I've added the support for those settings with the material template. I'll try to come up with a better explanation of how and why it's useful in the help file. I seriously would like to see this being used by others instead of just me.

Anyways, new exporter with the said new feature is up at the same link given at first post.
Rasengan
Halfling

Re: Latest Blender Export Script [Tue Mar 24, 2009 - v1.2]

Post by Rasengan »

Thank you!
drr00t
Gnoblar

Post by drr00t »

Hi,

I would like to export Empty mark like this:
i made this mark with empty, it´s possible export or add support to make this.
i made this mark with empty, it´s possible export or add support to make this.
Empty-cube.jpg (10.81 KiB) Viewed 29479 times
with our blender exporter, there kind way to make this? If not, how we can implement this with blender exporter? I saw people making this with shaders (Spplating?), it´s only way to make this?
nikki
Old One

Post by nikki »

drr00t wrote:Hi,

I would like to export Empty mark like this:
Empty-cube.jpg
with our blender exporter, there kind way to make this? If not, how we can implement this with blender exporter? I saw people making this with shaders (Spplating?), it´s only way to make this?
I didn't get exactly what you mean, but perhaps you mean a decal? If so, check this out.
drr00t
Gnoblar

Post by drr00t »

Hi,

I will like paint a sidewalk over my mesh, make something like a terrain paint, but using mashes, i build large structure and i like to put sidewalk and road painted on meshes using our blender exporter. I trying use ogre splatting sample, but didn´t work, the mark repeat over meshe then i thought if is possible export the material configuration using empties from Blender my modelling tool.

thanks for quick answer.
Nuro305
Gnoblar

Post by Nuro305 »

NOOB Question:

I'm on OSX 10.5.6 I am running Blender from /users/myaccount/Blender/ I just run the .app file and all is well.

I have looked inside of the .app filestructure and don't see any .scripts directory (I"m looking in the command prompt so I can see hidden files)

Where should it be or where should I make it so I can copy the Blender exporter files into it? I have tried making a .blender/scripts inside of my /users/myaccount/Blender/ directory, reloaded my menu's and still don't see the Ogre export available in the menu. I did read the post above but I don't have a /scripts directory and creating one in /blender didn't do it...

Any debug help is much appreciated !

Thanks
bencevoltam
Gnoblar

Post by bencevoltam »

".blender is first searched at $HOME/.blender/, otherwise blender.app/Contents/Resources/.blender/. "

in http://www.blender.org/development/codi ... on-policy/
Nuro305 wrote: Where should it be or where should I make it so I can copy the Blender exporter files into it? I have tried making a .blender/scripts inside of my /users/myaccount/Blender/ directory, reloaded my menu's and still don't see the Ogre export available in the menu. I did read the post above but I don't have a /scripts directory and creating one in /blender didn't do it...