Blender26 Ogre Exporter

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
hebdemnobad
Goblin

Re: Blender26 Ogre Exporter

Post by hebdemnobad »

Thx xrgo I know about applying transforms but not about origin alignment I'll try that.
hebdemnobad
Goblin

Post by hebdemnobad »

xrgo wrote:not sure about that specific problem, but every time I had a problem with skeletons, I make sure that the mesh and the skeleton has the scale and rotation applied (ctrl+A) and share the same position (origin in the same pos) (for that you can select the skeleton, Shift+S>cursor to selected, then select the mesh, ctrl+alt+shift+C>Origin to 3D Cursor. maybe it mess up the envelope, so maybe is the other way around (first mesh then skel), don't remember )
)

thanks xrgo, i tried aligning the origins, but that didn't work either. the workaround i found was deleting all the scale keyframes from the deform rig. it doesn't seem like ogre can handle bone scaling on a chain of bones, at least using the blender exporter from blender.

if anyone has guidance on getting scale keyframes on a bone chain in blender to work with the blender2ogre exporter, feel free to share

in any case, i can still use splines for location and rotation animation, which is a big plus in terms of all the ways you can operate and distort curves in blender (waves, lattices, scripts with various functions to make tentacles move in cool ways, whatever else i must be missing)
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

other thing that might cause issues, I think Ogre don't support non uniform scaling of Bones, so maybe you are animating the scale of the bone in one axis and Ogre can't reproduce the same results.
I heard this limitation reading some OpenMW posts but I never tested it. If this limitation exists that sucks, its a very useful feature =/
hebdemnobad
Goblin

Post by hebdemnobad »

xrgo wrote:other thing that might cause issues, I think Ogre don't support non uniform scaling of Bones, so maybe you are animating the scale of the bone in one axis and Ogre can't reproduce the same results.
I heard this limitation reading some OpenMW posts but I never tested it. If this limitation exists that sucks, its a very useful feature =/
You're right..http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... tion+scale.

The workaround is clean out all the scaling keyframes. You lose the stretchy-smushy effect, but it is what it is.
Nickak2003
Goblin

Post by Nickak2003 »

Hi. I am new to ogre and blender. I am trying to get a bone location and orientation so I can fire a weapon from that spot. I add the bone to the model and export, but in ogre the position is wrong. I have read slightly in here about non-deformable bones and IK. What sort of stuff in blender do I need to do to get the export working?
longer
Kobold

Post by longer »

i find some bug:
1.i have a
infantry_001.blend contain mesh and main armature.
infantry_001_anim_swing_l.blend contain anim name "swing_l"
when i open infantry_001_anim_swing_l.blend link the infantry_001.blend and create a proxy for create animation.
and export,it create so many mesh at out dir.and i export second time it export a new mesh name "name.001.mesh"
repeat export,it create mesh lish number + 1.name "name.00n.mesh" one export operate.i delete all file at export dir can not work.

2.link a blend file and create animation can not export.

3.can not export only skeleton but not mesh.

pitch:
put this at line 5230 nearby.can ignore a error name not UVMap null.

Code: Select all

if 0 == len(mesh.uv_textures):
            tangents_available = False
            print('[WARNING:] Not valid UVMap,so not export tangents.')
            Report.warnings.append('Not valid UVMap and not export tangents, try set flag [Export Tangents] to False or add UVMap to %s' % (ob.name))
i want export the file like Torchlight.one mesh one main skeleton,and some animation skeleton.what the export process?

i find the way to export Torchlight file struct.
1.new infantry_001.blend.add a cube and armature,select armature change mode to poss mode.select armature shift select cube ctrl+p add parent relationship,
here i use automatic weights.important:at object mode select armature ctrl+a apply location rotation scale ,same at cube .at object select cube and armature ctrl+g.rename the group name for "group_cube".select cube export dir "main",Cube.mesh and Cube.skeleton contain none animation.
2.new bend_l.blend.clear scene,ctrl+alt+o or file->link.select infantry_001.blend->Group->group_cube,we see this cube at scene but can not use poss.select the cube ctrl+alt+p choose armature to create a proxy,so can use poss mode.create one action at dope sheet use action edit mode.add key frame use i create one action name "bend_l".change to NLA edit add NlaTrack and use bend_l create one NlaStrip.select cube export.will export to dir "bend_l",Cube.mesh and Cube.skeleton contain animation name "bend_l".
3.repeat step create bend_r.blend and export to dir "bend_r",Cube.mesh and Cube.skeleton contain animation name "bend_r".
copy main/Cube.mesh to finally/Cube.mesh
copy bend_l/Cube.skeleton to finally/bend_l.skeleton
copy bend_r/Cube.skeleton to finally/bend_r.skeleton

terrible export process,but useful.
screwt
Kobold

Post by screwt »

Hello there.

I think the first post should be edited or a post should be sticked in first position, because it points to https://bitbucket.org/MindCalamity/blender2ogre which doesn't exists anymore.
But http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... ender2ogre points to https://bitbucket.org/iboshkov/blender2ogre which exists but is not very active.

After some googling it appears that :

https://bitbucket.org/plan_rich/blender2ogre/src is a bit more adanced and
https://github.com/OGRECave/blender2ogre/commits/master has been updated recently