Blender 2.5 Exporter [Official]

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
aterlamia
Gnoblar

Re: Blender 2.5 Exporter [Official]

Post by aterlamia »

Is that the complete error or was there a bit more?

I had the same problem when i used a normal text editor to change the file and because if that some tabs where replaced by spaces. Python is pretty particular with its identations.

For me this was the complete error

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/blender/2.70/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 299, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "/home/melvin/.config/blender/2.70/scripts/addons/ogre_mesh_exporter/__init__.py", line 50, in <module>
    from . import main_exporter_panel
  File "/home/melvin/.config/blender/2.70/scripts/addons/ogre_mesh_exporter/main_exporter_panel.py", line 149
    col.template_list("UI_UL_list", "collection", selectedObjectList, "collection", selectedObjectList, "collectionIndex")
                                                                                                                         ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

If not then i am afraid i don't know either.
Germanunkol
Halfling

Post by Germanunkol »

No, sadly mine is a different error. I got the same error as you did as well when editing in vim, but then I tried with gedit and that worked (removed the error about inconsistant tabs and spaces).

After I fixed that I got the error in my last post (and yes, that's the full error).

Thanks, though...
jonim8or
Goblin

Post by jonim8or »

In windows, blender uses the python bundled with it. Not sure what it does with linux though.

How did you install the plugin? copy the files, or using the install function in blender?
Can you validate whether the global_properties.py is there? (in the ogre_mesh_exporter dir)
Germanunkol
Halfling

Post by Germanunkol »

I installed the function in blender using the "install addon".

I now managed to make it work on Ubuntu (was on Arch before) with Blender version 2.69 and the addon. I guess this will do - I'll just have to do my modeling on Ubuntu and then go back to Arch for coding.
Thanks anyways!
Nickak2003
Goblin

Post by Nickak2003 »

Not swap not working on armatures, only xyz remains valid.
Nickak2003
Goblin

Post by Nickak2003 »

Is anyone using this with armatures? I had to modify it to make a separate uv buffer.