Custom bone exporting troubles

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
David_SWE
Gnoblar

Custom bone exporting troubles

Post by David_SWE »

Currently I am working on a project in 3ds Max 6.0 using custom bone objects (regular meshes), when exporting the model the skeleton does not export correctly, the skelston file is made but it shows no bones or tracks.
My guess is that the exporter dosen´t recognise the custom bones object as bones.

I made an experiment creating two regular bones and assigning them to a skin modifier on a tube.
The regular bones exported well, but when i converted one of the bones into an Editable Mesh it didn´t export at all according to the skeleton.xml file.

Basically:
How do I make the exporter/3ds recognise a cutsom bone as a Bone and export it correct?

Cincearly David

Banania
Gremlin

Post by Banania »

In the latest version of the exporter, the case you are describing should be working. Please make sure you are using the latest version of the exporter. FYI, the version available from the website in the downloads section is not the latest. The latest can be found in CVS.

I will try that and see for myself.
Banania

Banania
Gremlin

Post by Banania »

I can confirm that this works already.

There is an option in the latest exporter "Export non-bones objects ...". If you don't have this option, then you don't have the latest version.
Banania