Video tutes - need host.

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
McSwan
Greenskin

Post by McSwan »

I think a couple of people have downloaded it/ or partially downloaded it, and will hopefully be sharing. As more people share the faster it will go.

I'll try and leave my computer on to help the dl's.
Mdobele
Halfling

Post by Mdobele »

This method is proving to be a little unstable..... So if anyone else out there can provide a better solution.

Thanks for the offer EddieShen but as the file is 450MB ish then a couple GIGS a month wont support very many people grabbing it.

Anyone else out there got a bit of bandwidth collecting cobwebs?

I'll keep running the tracker and hopefully things untill a new method is found... mayby it will improve
PrimedGames
www.PrimedGames.com

Email Me At
Mdobele( AT )primedgames.com
// Replace AT with @ of course
Vectrex
Ogre Magi

Post by Vectrex »

worked fine for me and I'm seeding with 5 other people so give it some time. Maybe ask sinbad to put a news item for it? Get a good number of seeders? Nothing is more annoying than when the tracker goes down with 98% complete :)
edit: Great videos too, nice to hear a fellow aussie on vid tutes :) I'd love to have more, I learn so much better with these things.

edit 2!: At least could a mod make the other main forum post a sticky in the artist forum? I think these are really important to the engine.
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by :wumpus: »

I've made the topic sticky, and added the torrent and gave it quite some upload speed. Hope it helps.
RoundSparrow
Greenskin

Post by RoundSparrow »

ok, I started my own torrent client at http://www.he.net/ in Fremont california with a 6Mbps allocation :) This means I can UPLOAD to other torrent users at 6mbps... so you should get some good download speads. I will leave this open for at least a few weeks.

Plus I will be putting the files up for http download as soon as my torrent download completes.
Looking to hire people working out of their home to do C++ Ogre programming. Blender artists also wanted. Looking for long-term relationships. PM on forums or contact via AIM or email Art@Arica3D.com
RoundSparrow
Greenskin

Post by RoundSparrow »

Ok, Tutorials are now up for direct download:

http://www.Arica3D.com/AnimateTutorial1/
Looking to hire people working out of their home to do C++ Ogre programming. Blender artists also wanted. Looking for long-term relationships. PM on forums or contact via AIM or email Art@Arica3D.com
Vectrex
Ogre Magi

Post by Vectrex »

roundsparrow: post this in the other sticky thread as this one is... unstickied :)
oediv
Gnoblar

Post by oediv »

Hey McSwan, nice work!

used this tutorial(after a tutorial of Chain) to get started modeling for Ogre,
actually im doing a free assignment for the University, the project we are working on might be continued by other students in the future, therefore i would like to ask you if its okay to use this tutorial in our supporting documentation to get other students up an running with modeling just as easy as we could Smile

hope this no problem...,

tia Rick

PS
If you have a real name ;) and/or a website we can link to, to give your credits for this work, we would be glad to hear it.