job offer: warriors of destiny

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
rensole
Gnoblar

job offer: warriors of destiny

Post by rensole »

Let me start of by saying hi and itroducing myself, i am joost driessen aka rensole on manny boards.
i am working on a project called "warriors of destiny"
this is a non profit game made by and for gamers we are all verry well known in the 3d world as modelers and mappers but all this team is missing is a coder, we are curently looking for one who can code basics for an alpha demo or eaven ( adn hopefully) the entire project.

the team concist out of 6 members (:
rensole,mario ana,tweek,dendza,kilerru, kurachi)
the models are mostly done all they need to be done is to be exported to the engine so far there are about 7 models done and 2 maps in progress.

In short the coder is realy needed i will show some of our work in this tread to show some of our work.

super buu ( in progres):

this is just one of the manny models we have if the coder wishes to see more ( as proof that it isnt a hoaks) i will give it to him please help me ppl
Antiarc
Greenskin

Post by Antiarc »

Just FYI, Funimation will smack you with a lawsuit if you use DBZ characters or other intellectual property. It happened to Bid For Power a few years ago, and I have no doubt that it'd happen again here.
rensole
Gnoblar

Post by rensole »

well to be honest there are more then 6 projects at the moment running and i dont think they will be so looking for the mods and stand alones and stuff
Dorkula
Gnoblar

Post by Dorkula »

Oh they don't care how big or small of a project you are. Try researching the cost to actually liscence those characters to use in a game :-p

- Anthony
Commercial engines are like fine wine, only rich people drink it, ogre is like water... but everybody drinks water.
rensole
Gnoblar

Post by rensole »

ok apart from the lawsuit thing ( becouse there is a little sumthing that can ceep them away from entering our site and i quote : "For controversial reasons, if you are now, or ever once were, in any way affiliated with FUNimation or any other related group you CANNOT enter this web site, or any of it's related features, including but not limited to, FTP, HTTP, eMail, etc.. If you enter this site in violation of the above terms you are in violation of code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by President Bill Clinton in 1995 and therefore CANNOT threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, and cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page, including but not limited to family, friends or individuals who maintain or enter this web site.
This website and its fourm has content that may be not suitable for persons under the age of 13. They may contain violent content, mild or strong language, and/or suggestive themes.
The wod Team and Network Admins reserve the right to edit delete and/or add any information they see fit, to anything posted on forums. The wod team and Network Admins Reserve the right to ban anyone they see fit, under there site. This shall include any and all users who enter this site."
end quote this is a law that i foundon the web a year or so ago ^_^ so now thats over can some one help us code it ?
john_sheu
Kobold

Post by john_sheu »

:roll:
ggambett
Kobold

Post by ggambett »

http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm
As a legal strategem, it's just as flawed as the widely-believed notion that prostitutes and drug dealers can foil the efforts of undercover cops simply by asking them flat out "Are you a cop?"
President Clinton signed no "Internet Privacy Act" in 1995 [...] Federal privacy laws don't serve to provide those who break laws in the on-line world with protection from prosecution should their illegal cyber-activities be uncovered by law enforcement officials visiting their web sites.
The surest way of avoiding punishment for breaking the law remains . . . don't break the law.
"So now thats over", and since the subject of the post is job offer, why don't you specify the payment details?
Gabriel Gambetta
Mystery Studio - Home of Betty's Beer Bar and Wild West Wendy
monster
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by monster »

I'm afraid I've got no idea what DBZ is;
Super Majin Buu
When Thin Buu eats Fat Buu afer turning him into chocolate, he turns into this new form. He still has a love of sweets, but in this form, the evil infulences are more powerful than the good. This form is much stronger than Evil Buu.
Erm ... right.
:roll:

But couldn't you create your own original characters "inspired" by the ones you like? From what little I know, DBZ seems to be very much like Pokemon, or maybe it's the other way around. And what's this Yu-Gi-Oh thing?

If you take the best elements from the things you like, and create your own characters and concepts, then not only will you be copyright infringement free but you'll be creating something original. Which is always a good thing.

Also, what sort of a game/demo are you planning? An adventure, a fighter, a train-em-up and let them battle it out type thing?
rensole
Gnoblar

Post by rensole »

this is like a by gamers for gamers thing we might all get a little sumthing from donations and stuff allot of ppl sayd that they would give us some money when we release the first beta and its an action game / online
ggambett
Kobold

Post by ggambett »

In that case, this isn't a job offer
Gabriel Gambetta
Mystery Studio - Home of Betty's Beer Bar and Wild West Wendy
Antiarc
Greenskin

Post by Antiarc »

Yeah, your disclaimer isn't going to do any good at all. You're still using and distributing their property without permission or contract.

Bid For Power was a by-gamers-for-gamers non-profit modification based on DBZ for Quake 3. Funimation sent them a cease and desist letter on December 1, 2000. As a result, the BFP crew modified their game data such that they were using no DBZ characters or other related property. Funimation is extremely aggressive in protecting their property, and they will pursue action if you get any sort of feasable product cobbled together.

I honestly have no desire to piss in your cornflakes - I just see you making a mistake that has been made before, and figured I'd give you a bit of a heads up regarding the history surrounding these sorts of projects. I'm just saying that you might want to take the "inspired" tack rather than the "fan game" tack and save yourself a world of hurt down the road.
rensole
Gnoblar

Post by rensole »

ok but there are several games around for half life ( dmz,esf,sos,zeq2) and i wanted to do sumthing that isnt done befor e make a stand alone with single player AND multyplayer all thats out now is just stuff like esf and dmz both models and maps are crap also is the gameplay.

so i wanted to make a game with :
A) verry good gfx
B)good game play a game with potential
C) dragonball z and or gt becouse welll i just love the show and so douse the rest of the team
D) there isnt a single game out there that i can say is good i mean bfp whas good it had loads of potential but most mods and stuff just lack the *thing* that makes it so good ( gfx,gameplay) eaven the comercial games like budokai and stuff.
so please you guys help me and the rest of the team