Programmers

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
levijgraham
Gnoblar

Programmers

Post by levijgraham »

Hello i am looking for beginner ogre3d programmers to start up a team and learn together. If, you are interested send me an email at levijgraham_removeThis@removeThis_gmail_dot_com or send me a private message.

Programmers-Levi Graham(Me) /* i am highly dedicated to making video games. I spend around 6-8 hours a day programming in c++ just learning it the best i can. So, i am planning on being able to contribute as much as i can. */

Musicians-Bronson Elliot /* Owner of BandEbeats http://www.youtube.com/user/BronsonJohnElliott */

Artists-None

Writers-None

Game Idea

I want to make a zombie survival game were you have to eat, drink, try not to get infected and build safe houses.

If your interested in this ill give a more in depth description
Last edited by levijgraham on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Re: Programmers

Post by jacmoe »

Would be nice if you wrote a few lines about yourself, what you can bring to the table and what you have in mind. :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
MAT8686
Gnoblar

Post by MAT8686 »

I currently program in C++ and HTML. I would love to be on a team and further my knowledge of programming. Especially since you are starting out. I could make a website for the team and also learn and help with the project. You can email me at MATGandolf8686@gmail.com.
jauthu
Gnoblar

Post by jauthu »

I'm Vitaly. Russia.

I study Ogre for about a month or two. Want to make a rally game, just for my own(and later for everyone's, GPL'ed) fun. The Idea of game is simple, but there are some interesting parts to implement -- so realistic as possible car driving(using Bullet, or something), automatic regeneration(by just adding some stuff, or twisting some polygons) of landscape(so "learning the track" makes not much sense). Now I have not enough experience, but I hope that about a three months later I'll get a working prototype. At the moment I'm just reading sources of some similar apps(like Bullet demos, or Rigs Of Rods game), and trying to figure out the final game architecture... It'll be nice to find some like-minded persons.

for now, i think, we can make some XMPP or IRC conference named something like 'ogre-beginners'.

anyway, my mail: [my_nickname](at)google.com
crazydog
Halfling

Post by crazydog »

Vitaly! Hi!

In one of my projects, Land Of Poems, I randomly change the layout of a terrain... I could send you the code
for that if you like!

You can watch the project in the showcase, but basically its a futuristic garbage dump, where i randomly throw
garbage all over the place, where the garbage collides with the terrain, I change the terrain so it looks like the
garbage element is buried in the terrain... If it is helpful, i would gladly send you the code!

:D