[PAID] Aro'kai: C++, ActionScript3, BIG PROJECT

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
Onowl
Gnoblar

[PAID] Aro'kai: C++, ActionScript3, BIG PROJECT

Post by Onowl »

Official Forums | Official Tumblr

What is Aro'kai?

Aro’kai is a AMORPG (Artistic Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) where the users are encouraged to explore the vast, seamless world in which several major species thrive. It is a free-roam game where users will be able to interact with NPCs to unlock hidden terrain and talk amongst fellow players. Aro’kai allows players to slip into a world vastly different from our own and experience unique terrain and obstacles through the eyes of their animal avatar.

- Aro'kai FAQ

Hi there. I'm Onowl, lead programmer for Aro'kai and representing Aro'kai as a whole. We've been in development for a few years now. I never imagined we'd ever get this far. Unfortunately, the further along we go, the less time I find myself having able to dedicate to Aro'kai. This is incredibly disappointing to myself, and I feel bad for the talented team I work with. It's our dream to finish Aro'kai. So now we're seeking some help.

But before I list what we need from you, and what we're willing to pay, a few visuals. Aro'kai has come a long way, and we have two public, albeit outdated, demos. Keep in mind a large chunk of our source was lost at one point, so much of this will need to be redone.

ARO'KAI V01 "OLD" | ARO'KAI CANINE EDITOR PUBLIC RELEASE 1.0

Some instructions, just in case.. ;P
Time for the instructions! (Applies to all Downloads)
First you'll need to download the zip. Then unzip it to your C:/ drive.
Additionally, you'll need Windows to run it, or some kind of emulator if you're using a mac. Also, because this isn't provided in an installer, you'll need to install the following things yourself. The Aro'kai Team does not provide support for emulator installation problems.
You'll need the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables. If you don't have it, you'll probably get a "MSCP100.dll is missing" error.
64 Bits/x64
32 Bits/x32
You'll also need Direct X. If you get a "d3dx9_43.dll is missing" error, then you probably don't have it.
Direct X Download
These are all MICROSOFT downloads. They will not harm your computer. Nor will the Aro'kai download. Please note that this is not a finished product. There is a crashing error among other things. Think of it as a glorified flash maker, like the ones you see on deviantART. If you're still having trouble, read this!!
Screenshots.

Image Image

We have dozens more screenshots and countless other concepts.

So now, to business. What's the pay? I usually leave that up to the programmer, but I'd like to keep it beneath $20/h if possible. Willing to negotiate this! :D

So, what does Aro'kai use?
Aro’kai uses Ogre3D for 3D rendering while the core of the game is programmed in C++. CodeBlocks and Visual Studio 2008/2010 Express are the IDE’s used in this project. Flash CS6 and ActionScript 3 are used for the User Interface with the help of Flash UI Rendering library, Hikari. All art is done GIMP, Photoshop, and Paint Tool SAI.
We really only need someone skilled in C++, though knowing ActionScrip 3 and having Flash CS6 helps. General, all around programming knowledge. We use SkyX, though we would like to also like to use Myrddin. Either get those two together, or get the atmosphere of Myr and the Sky of SkyX. High goals for us!

If you're interested, please post below or send me a message. Keep it noted that I am busy and my replies may take some time, my apologies, and thank you all!!

Edit: updated to reflect newer screenshots, still lookin' for someone to hire.
Last edited by Onowl on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Onowl
Gnoblar

Re: [PAID] Aro'kai

Post by Onowl »

Just a small bump and update; we are still seeking programmers. I'm waiting on replies from at least three, but this is a PAID position.

Please email if interested: superfeesh.arokai@live.com or send me a message on here. Thanks.

- ONOWL.
Onowl
Gnoblar

Re: [PAID] Aro'kai: C++, ActionScript3, BIG PROJECT

Post by Onowl »

I'm tentatively stating that this is still open for interested parties, but we are waiting for the reply of an interested programmer that I'd love to have working with us. So far, everything's been communication problems... so, that said, if you're going to register interest and you'd like to work for us, please be able to contact me at least once a week, even if it's only to say you're too busy to work but you'll be able to soon.

So, again, this is open, but I am waiting on a reply for a programmer I'd like involved in this.

- ONOWL.