Game Programmer(s) needed

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
c6burns
Beholder

Re: Yeah nope.

Post by c6burns »

Not to be a debbie downer, but if he really is 12 and signed up saying he was 24 then he skipped COPPA registration. This could be a legal issue since his true age has now come to light. I'm not a lawyer though, so I have no idea what the repercussions of any of this would be should something happen (eg. his parents pursuing legal recourse). Perhaps it doesn't apply since he is not under US jurisdiction (in Chile).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%2 ... ection_Act

Also, obviously you need to combine efforts to make a game where you swordfight against tachikoma.
iblues1976
Gnome

Post by iblues1976 »

I wonder if is time to lock this thread?

ShadowBlind, I think you may want to read the comments by Kojack, which make lots of sense. I don't think people want to attack you here, but they are just trying to tell you, the way to go, is to start small ... I cannot solve integrals (which I don't remember much by now LOL) if I had not known all the math before that...

Look, take all the comments as feedback.

I tell you that by experience, even the harshest comment have very good feedback. I have sent publications and I have received some nasty feedback. But the key is knowing how to remove any personal feelings and trying to learn from the feedback.

I hope this helps. I mean well.
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

iblues1976 wrote:I wonder if is time to lock this thread?
I think it's past that now (although I agree it should be), and to the point where legal liability should be considered. I doubt the ogre3d.org domain, nor the hosting of this forum is done by a limited liability entity. A fine from the FTC would be a seriously shit outcome. From my understanding of the law, you could remove all personal information from his user account (email address included). That way, if the mods felt this thread held valuable information that should be preserved, they could do so. Again, I'm not a lawyer though and this doesn't constitute actual legal advice (dont sue me, bro)

If it were me I would have locked this on Day 1 based on the fact it violates the description of the forum ("Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show") as well as the fact that no one's advice - however well intentioned - was being absorbed. But at this point I'd just delete everything. It most certainly isn't up to me though.

EDIT: OK a lawyer friend has informed me that generally the FTC considers fines for COPPA violations only on commercially operated sites, though that area of law is not his specialty. So ignore my "OMG the sky is falling" tone :lol:
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

/* Thread locked. */

The thread opener apparently decided to continue ignoring all the valid and objective feedback, so it is indeed time to stop everybody from wasting more valuable time. We did our best to steer him right, now it is up to him. Let's see and wait, perhaps he will surprise us. Either way, the information here might be useful to someone else, so for now I am against deleting this thread.

If any one feels that he/she still has some valuable additions, please contact any forum moderator.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...