[PAID] Ogre 3d Programmer Required for commercial job

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
Ideas0014
Gnoblar

[PAID] Ogre 3d Programmer Required for commercial job

Post by Ideas0014 »

I did original post a little snippet about this job here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80569, and there's some useful information that relates to this job. The basic process as outlined by areay is very close to what we're looking for.

We have an website where we have several thousand textures that we want to map into about a 10-12 3d models for a snapshot flat image output to display to our users. We would want to process the images prior to the users viewing the pages to help speed the website up for them. We would ideally want to run the texture through all the models at the moment we upload it onto our server via a back-end web interface.

The 3d models we require would seem to be relatively simple to create (to a novice like me - please PM for exact details), and would be based upon real world items.

So the job is essentially this;
[*] Create 10-12 3d models
[*] Offer advice to install the Ogre 3d engine onto our dedicated linux server, with any instructions for specific set up requirements.
[*] Create the script(s) required to process the textures through the model and take a snapshot from a fixed location from a command line (to integrate into our php scripts)

To clarify; there is no cloud-based processing done on our website.

Please PM me for further details if you're interested, including, if possible, an estimate of your price and payment method(s) available. Timescale would be useful, but I understand this may require discussion via email to determine all these facts.

Thanks
Ideas0014
Gnoblar

Re: [PAID] Ogre 3d Programmer Required for commercial job

Post by Ideas0014 »

I've still yet to receive a response, so I'm wondering why?

Could anyone explain to me why this project might not appeal? Or is there just infrequent visits to this forum?

Thanks.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Just one possible reason: The combination of 3D modelling tasks with Ogre3D / programming tasks. Most community members are as far as I can tell "pure" programmers, so they can tackle your requirements #2 and #3, but I guess the first one (the actual modelling) is a bit tricky. Perhaps best to make that a separate part and look for artists in "artsy" forums / communities..
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
PhilipLB
Google Summer of Code Student
Google Summer of Code Student

Post by PhilipLB »

I agree.
The project itself looks interesting. What stopped me thinking about it, was the model-part. You don't want me to do art. :)
Google Summer of Code 2012 Student
Topic: "Volume Rendering with LOD aimed at terrain"
Project links: Project thread, WIKI page, Code fork for the project
Mentor: Mattan Furst

Volume GFX, accepting donations.
Ideas0014
Gnoblar

Post by Ideas0014 »

Thanks for the replies.

If anyone wants to offer me quotations for parts 2 & 3 I'd be happy to separate out the jobs.

The models I want are really simply (in comparison to examples I've seen here by some artists), so I think this'll be easy to source as a job by itself.

Looking forward to some proposals :)
Ideas0014
Gnoblar

Post by Ideas0014 »

Bump...

As I said in a previous post, if anyone wants to quote for any part of the job, feel free to do so. I've not had any responses yet.

Thanks.
johnhpus
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by johnhpus »

I have sent you a pm.
simedj
Goblin

Post by simedj »

The point about running ogre on a typical web-server in the other thread still stands... are you running on a bespoke server with a GPU?
Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me with a contact email address if interested.