[Unpaid] Looking for C++ programmer for Grit

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
HeadClot
Gnoblar

[Unpaid] Looking for C++ programmer for Grit

Post by HeadClot »

About me
Hey I am a 3D Artist using the Grit game engine.
I am currently working on my own game but production has ground to a halt with out a proper level editor.
I am no programmer and I currently need some help.

What needs to be done
A level editor needs to be fully integrated Into Grit. Link to Sony Level Editor
A terrain system needs to be implemented into the engine. I am currently using meshes for terrain.

About the grit game engine:
The Grit Game Engine is a community project to build a free game engine (and pipeline tool-chain) for implementing open world 3D games, such as the those in the GTA series, Saints Row, Crysis, Fallout 3, Just Cause 2, Mafia 2, Burnout, etc. Anyone can use the engine as a foundation for their game, and anyone can read / modify / integrate the source code.

While there are many open source game engines, ours is the only one that is being optimized for open world games. We support large maps (e.g. more than 30 square km, 50000 objects) with considerable diversity in geometry and textures, because game objects and scenery consume negligible memory / CPU resources when out of visual range. We also use deferred shading, which is essential for rendering the abundance of light sources that are needed in open world scenes.

A key objective of the Grit Game Engine project is to enable ‘modders’ and other enthusiasts to build extremely diverse interactivity and game play into their environments. Although we support exporting from 3D Studio Max, even non-programmers find it easy to define new game object classes, materials, etc using simple definitions inside Lua scripts.
The engine is about 95% complete but the lack of a level editor and a terrain system make it so I cannot get anything done. If anyone can help please let me know.

This is not a payed job. I cannot afford to pay a programmer let alone pay myself at the moment.

Grit Game Engine Website - Here

Contact Information -
Name: Benjamin Stanley
Email: Ben_Stan@SqueakInteractive.com