Unable to load skeleton file for Mesh file

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
guzila
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:46 am

Unable to load skeleton file for Mesh file

Post by guzila »

Hi guys!
I exported a model with animation in Maya7.0, I use ogreExporter_maya7.0_1.0.2. And convert the xml file to mesh file with OgreMeshViewer. But when I load this mesh file into OgreMeshViewer, there's no animation. The viewer told me"Unable to load skeleton pole.skeleton for Mesh pole.mesh". I have put pole.skeleton in the same directory.
Anybody can tell me how to export a model with animation?
Or,are there any tips for ogreExporter for maya?
THX!
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

Make sure you have a resource location (configured in resources.cfg if you use the example framework) pointing at the location of pole.skeleton.
guzila
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:46 am

new question

Post by guzila »

It's a new question now.
I Converted mesh file and skeleton file with OgreXMLConverter. But when I put them into OgreMeshViewer, the viewer crashed. I removed the skeleton file, the viwer can display the mesh without animations.
There's no any warning when I exported the file in Maya7.0... :?
guzila
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:46 am

solved

Post by guzila »

solved :D
Sunjit
Gnoblar
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:35 pm

But how?

Post by Sunjit »

What did you do to stop the mesh viewer from crashing? I am having that problem.
fidaner
Gnoblar
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:06 pm
Location: Istanbul, Turkey

XML converter crash

Post by fidaner »

I solved that by editing the mesh.xml file and deleting the submeshes that have no faces inside
Post Reply