Pose Animation of Dagon with Blender?

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
solehome
Gnoblar
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:50 am

Pose Animation of Dagon with Blender?

Post by solehome »

The Pose Animation of Dagon is cool!
But how to use this feature with Blender?
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

reimpell
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: Pose Animation of Dagon with Blender?

Post by reimpell »

solehome wrote:The Pose Animation of Dagon is cool!
But how to use this feature with Blender?
You need this exporter and Blender 2.41 (or newer). The tutorial was written before pose animation was available in Dagon, so the exporter in the tutorial looks slightly different.
User avatar
NeOmega
Halfling
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:30 am
Location: Washington State, USA

Post by NeOmega »

I am really having trouble with this tutorial, on the blender side, I press I, then "mesh", but "absolute key" is not an option.

Inthe edit button I have also tried toggling off "relative key" since you said it cannot be used by OGRE, bu tthat doesn't do anything, also my options int he IPO window type do not include vertex... I thought mayeb it was shape, but it wasn't that either. It's been so long since I have done one of these animations....

I ahve looked around quite a bit, and have read that the speed curve is gone... so what version was that tutorial written for?
reimpell
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by reimpell »

The tutorial was written for Blender 2.37 and an old Dagon version. The shape keys changed quite a bit in Blender 2.41 and I haven't found the time updating that tutorial. Also relative keys are now supported in Dagon, they map to pose animation.
User avatar
NeOmega
Halfling
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:30 am
Location: Washington State, USA

Post by NeOmega »

Thanks reimpell... now I can stop trying to follow the tutorial. :)
Post Reply