3d max 8 exporter

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
TSM
Gnoblar
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:31 pm

3d max 8 exporter

Post by TSM »

Slighly confuzed here.

I googled for an Ogre Max 8 exporter, and It came here (Obviously...) and I read in the release notes that the exporter at the downloads selection supports Max 8, however, when you try to install it and read the install.txt... it only has notes for max 5-7.

I'm sure this has been covered before,

but where can I find one?

Thanks in advanced!
User avatar
Jerky
Orc Shaman
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Springville, Utah
Contact:

Post by Jerky »

So you are looking for an exporter that exports meshes from Max 8 into the Ogre .mesh format, right? Doesnt make sense to me that you would google to look for it unless you are not looking for an Ogre exporter. Clarify what it is that you are looking for and we can help.
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
My Blog
Project Wish
Image
TSM
Gnoblar
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Post by TSM »

You got it.

I need to export my models / textures, then import them into the ogre engine.
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

You can download one from the Ogre downloads area, here:
http://www.ogre3d.org/index.php?option= ... t=category

Why not look into oFusion? :)
TSM
Gnoblar
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Post by TSM »

The max exporter I downloaded from Ogre3d.org's website didn't work, it only worked for max 5-7.

What's the difference between Ofusions and Ogres?
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

A lot - check it out. :)
TSM
Gnoblar
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Post by TSM »

Does the Ofusion viewport support real time shadows? Without using a lightmap?


Also, why is the exporter in the download section only max 5 - 7?
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

Why don't you pay oFusion a visit?

And why don't you scroll down half a page and read the other max exporter topics in this forum?

Are you expecting us to serve that information to you on a silver platter?
TSM
Gnoblar
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Post by TSM »

No,

I just got done reading half the threads over at the Ofusion forum. All were quite helpfull.


Before I posted this thread, I took a peak at all the threads that were realitive to mine.


But none were specific to my issue.

If I have missed something, or you feel I have wasted your time, please give me the threads URL.
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

Maybe it is because you didn't explain yourself! :P
Accept my apologies.

About the max 8 supported exporter:
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17356

You need to ask Lioric about oFusion - use the oFusion Forum, please! :)
TSM
Gnoblar
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Post by TSM »

Thanks for you time - All of you.

I will look at that, and if I still have issues, I will come back.
TSM
Gnoblar
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Post by TSM »

Okay,

Good, everything looks fine now. Though knowing me something will end up horrible due to user error.


Also, I looked at the wiki, and I think it said that Ogre supports "soft shadows." Making sure... Does it support "soft shadows?" .. I might want to specify, soft shadows using SM 3.0.
User avatar
Jerky
Orc Shaman
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Springville, Utah
Contact:

Post by Jerky »

Yes, it would be through using a shader. If you can write a shader to do it, Ogre can display it.
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
My Blog
Project Wish
Image
Post Reply