Hi!
Recently I work hard on avatar. I want to the my game characters change there coat when they want.
So I export the body separately, for example, legs, arms, head and so on. These parts all connect with the same skeleton. But the exporter isn't convenience for what I do. When I export the "legs" mesh for example, I will get a .xml which contain this sentence "<skeletonlink name = "legs.skeleton"/>". The skeletonlink "legs.skeleton" is not I want to link to. So is there anyway to change this value. I don't want to change it in the .xml file, I want to make it use the export. Or somebody can add the function in the exporter, I think it helpful.
Sorry for my poor english. Any comments will be welcome.
question about ogreExporter for 3dmax? (about the .xml file)
-
hilake
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:33 am
- xavier
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 9481
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
- Location: Dublin, CA, US
- x 22
My plugin-based exporter allows you to specify the name of the skeleton file.
http://www.clashofsteel.net/xavier/OgreExporter.dle
(at least, I am 99% positive I did that...don't recall if I use the provided name for single meshes or not; if not I'll fix it and re-upload)
http://www.clashofsteel.net/xavier/OgreExporter.dle
(at least, I am 99% positive I did that...don't recall if I use the provided name for single meshes or not; if not I'll fix it and re-upload)
-
hilake
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:33 am
So, how to use it? what is it?xavier wrote:My plugin-based exporter allows you to specify the name of the skeleton file.
http://www.clashofsteel.net/xavier/OgreExporter.dle