Debian Gnu/Linux Tutorial
-
OvermindDL1
- Gnome
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:55 pm
- OniChou
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:52 am
Thank you for these explanations. Thanks to all of you, I managed to have only 1 error 
Now, I think I need the last help for installation (I think I'll see all of you later when using Ogre :p)
Here is the error I get
All the problems before aren't here anymore. I used the source at this page :
http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Se ... pplication
And the compiling line used is :
thank you for helping 
Now, I think I need the last help for installation (I think I'll see all of you later when using Ogre :p)
Here is the error I get
Code: Select all
-----------------------------------
Details:
-----------------------------------
Error #: 4
Function: RenderTarget::getCustomAttribute
Description: Attribute not found..
File: OgreRenderTarget.cpp
Line: 269
http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Se ... pplication
And the compiling line used is :
Code: Select all
g++ -o test sample.cpp -DGCC_3_1 -DEXT_HASH -I/usr/local/include/OGRE -I/home/oni/ogrenew/Samples/Common/include -L/usr/local/lib/OGRE -lOgreMain-
SamStone
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:52 pm
Hi
I compile Ogre from Source under Ubuntu Linux (Breezy), but when I try to compile and then start one of the example Programs, I always get this:
What did I wrong?
P.s: Sorry for my bad english
I compile Ogre from Source under Ubuntu Linux (Breezy), but when I try to compile and then start one of the example Programs, I always get this:
I can't find a File called libOgrePlatform.so on my hd../SkeletalAnimation
Creating resource group General
Registering ResourceManager for type Material
Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
Loading library libOgrePlatform.so
An exception has occured: An exception has been thrown!
-----------------------------------
Details:
-----------------------------------
Error #: 9
Function: DynLib::load
Description: Could not load dynamic library libOgrePlatform.so. System Error:
libOgrePlatform.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
File: OgreDynLib.cpp
Line: 82
What did I wrong?
P.s: Sorry for my bad english
-
SamStone
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:52 pm
Unfortunately I don't seeOniChou wrote:Sometimes, I got this error, and it came from the fact you have to do ldconfig, don't ask me why, I do not know :p
Try it, and you'll see
Perhaps I should say, that the file "/etc/ld.so.conf" does not exist on my Computer. I don't know why
-
mansu
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:11 am
Debian unstable Install
Hi all,
Here are some suggestions, which would have saved me a couple of hours os time before i found a solution:
1)This forum looks nice, but it would be better if the first post is modified to show that ogre can be installed via apt-get with a single command to apt-get install.
2) Can there be a common top level package called ogre which will install all the ogre files including dependencies?This is because i have seen atleast 3 apt-get install commands to install ogre on debian unstable with various files. This top level package should install everything to get running.
3)When i try to install ogre on my laptop, i get the following dependency errors:
suman:/home/suman/downloads/DL# apt-get install libogre-dev libcegui-mk2-dev libcegui-mk2-doc ogre-doc ogre-tools ogre-plugins-cgprogrammanager blender-ogrexml
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libogre-dev: Depends: libogre5 (= 1.0.5-1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libopenexr-dev but it is not going to be installed
ogre-plugins-cgprogrammanager: Depends: libdevil1 but it is not installable
Depends: libogre5 but it is not going to be installed
ogre-tools: Depends: libogre5 but it is not going to be installed
4) I have also noticed that nvidia-cg-toolkit is not getting installed
because, it is trying to download 1.3 version which is not present on the site. Please upgrade it to use the 1.4 version.
Any idea how i can fix this. The openexr-dev when downgraded is uninstalling the kde packages, so there is no way i want to downgrade.[/quote]
Here are some suggestions, which would have saved me a couple of hours os time before i found a solution:
1)This forum looks nice, but it would be better if the first post is modified to show that ogre can be installed via apt-get with a single command to apt-get install.
2) Can there be a common top level package called ogre which will install all the ogre files including dependencies?This is because i have seen atleast 3 apt-get install commands to install ogre on debian unstable with various files. This top level package should install everything to get running.
3)When i try to install ogre on my laptop, i get the following dependency errors:
suman:/home/suman/downloads/DL# apt-get install libogre-dev libcegui-mk2-dev libcegui-mk2-doc ogre-doc ogre-tools ogre-plugins-cgprogrammanager blender-ogrexml
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libogre-dev: Depends: libogre5 (= 1.0.5-1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libopenexr-dev but it is not going to be installed
ogre-plugins-cgprogrammanager: Depends: libdevil1 but it is not installable
Depends: libogre5 but it is not going to be installed
ogre-tools: Depends: libogre5 but it is not going to be installed
4) I have also noticed that nvidia-cg-toolkit is not getting installed
because, it is trying to download 1.3 version which is not present on the site. Please upgrade it to use the 1.4 version.
Any idea how i can fix this. The openexr-dev when downgraded is uninstalling the kde packages, so there is no way i want to downgrade.[/quote]
-
reimpell
- OGRE Contributor

- Posts: 570
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
If you didn't provide a prefix for configure, your ogre libraries get installed to /usr/local/lib. To tell the linker where it can find the libraries, add that location to your /etc/ld.so.conf file and run ldconfig. See the ldconfig man page for more information.SamStone wrote:libOgrePlatform.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
-
SamStone
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:52 pm
The Problem is, that the libOgrePlatform.so file does not exist on my HD, and so the linker won't find it...reimpell wrote:If you didn't provide a prefix for configure, your ogre libraries get installed to /usr/local/lib. To tell the linker where it can find the libraries, add that location to your /etc/ld.so.conf file and run ldconfig. See the ldconfig man page for more information.SamStone wrote:libOgrePlatform.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
-
reimpell
- OGRE Contributor

- Posts: 570
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
SamStone wrote:The Problem is, that the libOgrePlatform.so file does not exist on my HD, and so the linker won't find it...
Code: Select all
tar xvjf ogre-linux_osx-v1-0-5.tar.bz2
cd ogrenew
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
su
make install-
SamStone
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:52 pm
Thx. I just solved the whole thing by first calling "aclocal" befor compiling.
EDIT: A new problem:
EDIT: Solved it by compiling CVS Version.
EDIT: A new problem:
Speicherzugriffsfehler means "segmentation fault"../SkeletalAnimation
Creating resource group General
Registering ResourceManager for type Material
Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
Loading library libOgrePlatform.so
OverlayElementFactory for type Panel registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type BorderPanel registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type TextArea registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type Font
ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
DevIL version: Developer's Image Library (DevIL) 1.6.7 Apr 14 2005
DevIL image formats: bmp dib cut dcx dds gif hdr ico cur jpg jpe jpeg lif mdl mng jng pcx pic pix png pbm pgm pnm ppm psd pdd psp pxr sgi bw rgb rgba tga vda icb vst tif tiff wal xpm raw
Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
Loading library /usr/local/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL.so
Speicherzugriffsfehler
EDIT: Solved it by compiling CVS Version.
-
lennart
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:55 am
- Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
I got the same problem as SamStone. I tried his solution, but calling 'aclocal' before configuring and compiling does not work for me.SamStone wrote:Hi
I compile Ogre from Source under Ubuntu Linux (Breezy), but when I try to compile and then start one of the example Programs, I always get this:
I can't find a File called libOgrePlatform.so on my hd.Code: Select all
./SkeletalAnimation Creating resource group General Registering ResourceManager for type Material Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton Loading library libOgrePlatform.so An exception has occured: An exception has been thrown! ----------------------------------- Details: ----------------------------------- Error #: 9 Function: DynLib::load Description: Could not load dynamic library libOgrePlatform.so. System Error: libOgrePlatform.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. File: OgreDynLib.cpp Line: 82
What did I wrong?[...]
So, any other ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Lennart
[edit] As SkoZombie pointed out to me in #Ogre3D on irc.freenode.net, I had to configure Ogre with the "--with-platform=GLX" option present.
[edit] It worked once, but then again - no luck
- fog
- Greenskin
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:00 pm
- Location: Torino, ITALY
- Contact:
CEGUI 0.4.1 and Ogrew 1.0.6 packages
Hi *,
I just uploaded to the debian ftp master packages for ogre 1.0.6 and cegui 0.4.1. I still hadn't the time to make meta-packages so, in the meantime, just install everything you need by:
and have fun.
If you use blender for your models don't forget to:
Also, for the people who asked me by email and on IRC, yes, I am working at the pyogre packages. They will be ready in about 48h. 
I just uploaded to the debian ftp master packages for ogre 1.0.6 and cegui 0.4.1. I still hadn't the time to make meta-packages so, in the meantime, just install everything you need by:
Code: Select all
apt-get install libogre-dev ogre-doc ogre-tools ogre-plugins-cgprogrammanager libcegui-mk2-dev libcegui-ml2-docIf you use blender for your models don't forget to:
Code: Select all
apt-get install blender blender-ogrexml-
Veratien
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:53 am
O.O
Eeek, that's not meant to be doing that, is it? :sBuilding Dependency Tree... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
blender gcc-4.0-base kdeartwork-emoticons kdeartwork-misc kdeartwork-theme-icon kdebase-data kdelibs-data klettres-data kstars-data ksysguardd libaa1
libartsc0 libartsc0-dev libasound2 libasound2-dev libbluetooth1 libboost-python1.33.0c2a libc6 libc6-dev libcupsys2 libcupsys2-gnutls10 libdb4.3
libdb4.3++c2 libdevil-dev libdevil1c2 libedit2 libexif12 libflac7 libfribidi0 libgadu3 libgcc1 libgcrypt11 libgcrypt11-dev libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-dev
libgnokii2 libgnutls12 libgpg-error-dev libgpg-error0 libgphoto2-2 libgphoto2-port0 libgstreamer0.8-0 libidn11 libiw28 libjpeg62-dev liblo0 libncurses5
libncurses5-dev liboggflac3 libopencdk8 libopencdk8-dev libopenexr-dev libopenexr2c2a libperl5.8 libpopt-dev libsasl2 libsasl2-modules libselinux1
libsensors3 libslang2 libsnmp-base libsnmp9 libssl0.9.8 libstdc++6 libtasn1-2 libtasn1-2-dev libtiff4 libtiff4-dev libtiffxx0c2 libxau-dev libxau6 libxaw7
libxaw7-dev libxcomposite1 libxdamage1 libxfixes3 libxinerama1 libxkbfile1 libxml2 libxml2-dev libxmu-dev libxmu6 libxp-dev libxp6 libxpm-dev libxpm4
libxrender-dev libxrender1 libxslt1.1 libxss1 libxxf86dga1 libxxf86misc1 libxxf86vm1 locales openssh-client openssh-server perl perl-base perl-modules
perl-suid quanta-data render-dev ssh xlibs-static-dev xmms
Suggested packages:
yafray libasound2-plugins libasound2-doc glibc-doc rng-tools libgcrypt11-doc libglib2.0-doc gnutls-bin gphoto2 gtkam gstreamer0.8-plugins liblo0-dev
lm-sensors linux-image-2.6 kernel-image-2.6 lm-sensors-mod-2.9.2 lm-sensors-mod-2.9 ssh-askpass rssh libterm-readline-gnu-perl libterm-readline-perl-perl
xspecs
Recommended packages:
libglib2.0-data libtasn1-2-bin perl-doc libmikmod2
The following packages will be REMOVED:
amor ark artsbuilder atlantik atlantikdesigner dcoprss eyesapplet fifteenapplet juk k3b k3blibs kaboodle kaddressbook kaddressbook-plugins kalarm kalzium
kamera kandy kappfinder karm kasteroids kate kate-plugins katomic kaudiocreator kbackgammon kbattleship kblackbox kbounce kbruch kcalc kcharselect kcmlinuz
kcoloredit kcontrol kcron kdat kde kde-amusements kde-core kdeaddons kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeadmin kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdeartwork kdeartwork-style
kdeartwork-theme-window kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-kio-plugins kdeedu kdegames kdegraphics kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs kdelibs-bin kdelibs4 kdelirc
kdemultimedia kdemultimedia-kappfinder-data kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdenetwork kdenetwork-filesharing kdepasswd kdepim
kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdepim-wizards kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdetoys kdeutils kdevelop3 kdevelop3-data kdevelop3-plugins kdewebdev kdf
kdict kdvi kedit keduca kenolaba kfax kfilereplace kfind kfloppy kfouleggs kgamma kget kghostview kgoldrunner kgpg khangman khelpcenter khexedit kicker
kicker-applets kiconedit kig kimagemapeditor kitchensync kiten kjots kjumpingcube klaptopdaemon klatin kleopatra klettres klickety klines klinkstatus
klipper kmahjongg kmail kmailcvt kmenuedit kmessedwords kmid kmilo kmines kmix kmoon kmplot kmrml knewsticker knode knotes kodo kolf kolourpaint kommander
konq-plugins konqueror konqueror-nsplugins konquest konsole konsolekalendar kontact kooka kopete korganizer korn kpackage kpager kpat kpdf kpercentage
kpersonalizer kpf kpilot kpoker kpovmodeler kppp krdc krec kregexpeditor kreversi krfb kruler ksame kscd kscreensaver kscreensaver-xsavers kshisen ksig ksim
ksirc ksirtet ksmiletris ksmserver ksnake ksnapshot ksokoban kspaceduel ksplash kstars ksvg ksync ksysguard ksysv kteatime ktimer ktip ktnef ktouch ktron
ktuberling kturtle ktux kuickshow kuser kverbos kview kviewshell kvoctrain kwalletmanager kweather kwifimanager kwin kwin4 kwordquiz kworldclock kxsldbg
libarts1-mpeglib libarts1-xine libcvsservice0 libdevil1 libkcal2a libkcddb1 libkdeedu1 libkdegames1 libkdenetwork2 libkdepim1 libkgantt0 libkleopatra0a
libkonq4 libkpimexchange1 libkpimidentities1 libkscan1 libksieve0 libopenexr2 librss1 lskat mpeglib noatun noatun-plugins quanta rosegarden4 secpolicy
vimpart
The following NEW packages will be installed:
blender blender-ogrexml gcc-4.0-base kdeartwork-emoticons libaa1 libbluetooth1 libboost-python1.33.0c2a libcupsys2 libdb4.3++c2 libdevil1c2 libedit2
libexif12 libflac7 libgnokii2 libgnutls12 libiw28 libjpeg62-dev liboggflac3 libogre-dev libogre5c2a libogre5c2a-dbg libopenexr-dev libopenexr2c2a
libpopt-dev libsasl2-modules libslang2 libsnmp9 libssl0.9.8 libstdc++6 libtiff4-dev libtiffxx0c2 libxau-dev libxau6 libxaw7-dev libxcomposite1 libxdamage1
libxfixes3 libxinerama1 libxkbfile1 libxmu-dev libxp-dev libxpm-dev libxss1 libxxf86dga1 libxxf86misc1 libxxf86vm1 ogre-doc ogre-tools openssh-client
openssh-server perl-suid
The following packages will be upgraded:
kdeartwork-misc kdeartwork-theme-icon kdebase-data kdelibs-data klettres-data kstars-data ksysguardd libartsc0 libartsc0-dev libasound2 libasound2-dev libc6
libc6-dev libcupsys2-gnutls10 libdb4.3 libdevil-dev libfribidi0 libgadu3 libgcc1 libgcrypt11 libgcrypt11-dev libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-dev libgpg-error-dev
libgpg-error0 libgphoto2-2 libgphoto2-port0 libgstreamer0.8-0 libidn11 liblo0 libncurses5 libncurses5-dev libopencdk8 libopencdk8-dev libperl5.8 libsasl2
libselinux1 libsensors3 libsnmp-base libtasn1-2 libtasn1-2-dev libtiff4 libxaw7 libxml2 libxml2-dev libxmu6 libxp6 libxpm4 libxrender-dev libxrender1
libxslt1.1 locales perl perl-base perl-modules quanta-data render-dev ssh xlibs-static-dev xmms
60 upgraded, 51 newly installed, 232 to remove and 630 not upgraded.
Need to get 107MB of archives.
After unpacking 216MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
- raicuandi
- Gargoyle
- Posts: 1092
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:56 pm
- Location: Adelaide, Australia
- Contact:
-
shifty
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:48 pm
Hello there,
I've a problem with Ogre and my Ubuntu.
Bootstrap tell me to do an aclocal, what I did and then ok, it bootstrap.
Then I run configure, but it stop on this error:
So I looked in the configure, and as PKG_CHECK_MODULES is not defined in the configure file, I assume it must be part of my system.
So the question is, if I'm right, what library do I have to install to get this macro working?
EDIT: actually I could make it working by commenting each call to this macro. then it tells me about some missing libs, I install them, and everything is ok now.
I've a problem with Ogre and my Ubuntu.
Bootstrap tell me to do an aclocal, what I did and then ok, it bootstrap.
Then I run configure, but it stop on this error:
Code: Select all
./configure: line 20113: syntax error near unexpected token `ZZIPLIB,'
./configure: line 20113: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(ZZIPLIB, zziplib)'So the question is, if I'm right, what library do I have to install to get this macro working?
EDIT: actually I could make it working by commenting each call to this macro. then it tells me about some missing libs, I install them, and everything is ok now.
- pjcast
- OGRE Retired Team Member

- Posts: 2543
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:53 am
- Location: San Diego, Ca
- x 2
- Contact:
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ht=aclocal
Search is your friend
There are several other topics too. Just search for aclocal.
Search is your friend
Have a question about Input? Video? WGE? Come on over... http://www.wreckedgames.com/forum/
-
kruupy
- Kobold
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 2:21 pm
$ make Problem
Hi all,
i have spent ages(hours) trying to install Ogre on ubuntu...i have encountered
heaps of errors so far but have managed to solve them by searching in the forums, until i got a tone or errors that I cant find any solution:
note: i am trying to run $make after i have run $./bootstrap and $./configure but before $make install
The header files that the errors refer to do exist and are in usr/include/CEGUI/elements - So is there some sort of header file directory link i need to create (just a stab)
Can anyboady please help me?
Thankyou.
i have spent ages(hours) trying to install Ogre on ubuntu...i have encountered
heaps of errors so far but have managed to solve them by searching in the forums, until i got a tone or errors that I cant find any solution:
note: i am trying to run $make after i have run $./bootstrap and $./configure but before $make install
Code: Select all
In file included from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:27,
from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/Compositor.h:21,
from Compositor.cpp:37:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICheckbox.h:29:23: error: CEGUIBase.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICheckbox.h:30:38: error: elements/CEGUIButtonBase.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICheckbox.h:31:46: error: elements/CEGUICheckboxProperties.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:28,
from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/Compositor.h:21,
from Compositor.cpp:37:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:30:25: error: CEGUIWindow.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:31:46: error: elements/CEGUIComboboxProperties.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:29,
from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/Compositor.h:21,
from Compositor.cpp:37:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:31:45: error: elements/CEGUIListboxProperties.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:30,
from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/Compositor.h:21,
from Compositor.cpp:37:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListboxTextItem.h:28:39: error: elements/CEGUIListboxItem.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:32,
from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/Compositor.h:21,
from Compositor.cpp:37:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:31:47: error: elements/CEGUIScrollbarProperties.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/Compositor.h:21,
from Compositor.cpp:37:
../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:33:48: error: CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollablePane.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:34,
from ../../../Samples/Compositor/include/Compositor.h:21,
from Compositor.cpp:37:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:29:34: error: elements/CEGUIStatic.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:30:34: error: CEGUIRenderableImage.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:31:49: error: elements/CEGUIStaticImageProperties.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICheckbox.h:48: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct CEGUI::ButtonBase’
/usr/include/CEGUI/CEGUIForwardRefs.h:70: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CEGUI::ButtonBase’
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICheckbox.h:144: error: ‘CheckboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICheckbox.h:144: error: ‘Selected’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1033: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1033: error: ‘ReadOnly’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1034: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1034: error: ‘ValidationString’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1035: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1035: error: ‘CaratIndex’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1036: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1036: error: ‘EditSelectionStart’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1037: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1037: error: ‘EditSelectionLength’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1038: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1038: error: ‘MaxEditTextLength’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1039: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1039: error: ‘NormalEditTextColour’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1040: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1040: error: ‘SelectedEditTextColour’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1041: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1041: error: ‘ActiveEditSelectionColour’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1042: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1042: error: ‘InactiveEditSelectionColour’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1043: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1043: error: ‘SortList’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1044: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1044: error: ‘ForceVertScrollbar’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1045: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1045: error: ‘ForceHorzScrollbar’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1046: error: ‘ComboboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUICombobox.h:1046: error: ‘SingleClickMode’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:696: error: ‘ListboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:696: error: ‘Sort’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:697: error: ‘ListboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:697: error: ‘MultiSelect’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:698: error: ‘ListboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:698: error: ‘ForceVertScrollbar’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:699: error: ‘ListboxProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListbox.h:699: error: ‘ForceHorzScrollbar’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIListboxTextItem.h:38: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct CEGUI::ListboxItem’
/usr/include/CEGUI/CEGUIForwardRefs.h:89: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CEGUI::ListboxItem’
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIPushButton.h:39: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct CEGUI::ButtonBase’
/usr/include/CEGUI/CEGUIForwardRefs.h:70: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CEGUI::ButtonBase’
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:476: error: ‘ScrollbarProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:476: error: ‘DocumentSize’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:477: error: ‘ScrollbarProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:477: error: ‘PageSize’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:478: error: ‘ScrollbarProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:478: error: ‘StepSize’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:479: error: ‘ScrollbarProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:479: error: ‘OverlapSize’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:480: error: ‘ScrollbarProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIScrollbar.h:480: error: ‘ScrollPosition’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:50: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct CEGUI::Static’
/usr/include/CEGUI/CEGUIForwardRefs.h:86: error: forward declaration of ‘struct CEGUI::Static’
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:310: error: ‘RenderableImage’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:318: error: ‘StaticImageProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:319: error: ‘StaticImageProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:319: error: ‘ImageColours’ does not name a type
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:320: error: ‘StaticImageProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:321: error: ‘StaticImageProperties’ has not been declared
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h: In member function ‘const CEGUI::Image* CEGUI::StaticImage::getImage() const’:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:114: error: ‘d_image’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h: In member function ‘CEGUI::StaticImage::HorzFormatting CEGUI::StaticImage::getHorizontalFormatting() const’:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:134: error: ‘d_image’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h: In member function ‘CEGUI::StaticImage::VertFormatting CEGUI::StaticImage::getVerticalFormatting() const’:
/usr/include/CEGUI/elements/CEGUIStaticImage.h:144: error: ‘d_image’ was not declared in this scope
../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h: At global scope:
../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:86: error: using-declaration for non-member at class scope
../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:86: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h: In member function ‘Ogre::String ItemSelectorViewManager::getItemSelectorText(size_t) const’:
../../../Samples/Compositor/include/ItemSelectorViewManager.h:65: error: ‘class CEGUI::Checkbox’ has no member named ‘getText’
make[3]: *** [Compositor.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/akruup/ogrenew/Samples/Compositor/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/akruup/ogrenew/Samples/Compositor'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/akruup/ogrenew/Samples'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Can anyboady please help me?
Thankyou.
- pjcast
- OGRE Retired Team Member

- Posts: 2543
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:53 am
- Location: San Diego, Ca
- x 2
- Contact:
What version of Ogre? Please stay away from CVS, and hopefully you downloaded one of the Release canidates.
Have a question about Input? Video? WGE? Come on over... http://www.wreckedgames.com/forum/
- pjcast
- OGRE Retired Team Member

- Posts: 2543
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:53 am
- Location: San Diego, Ca
- x 2
- Contact:
Ah, this could be your issue:
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 958#145958
If configure did not find CEGUI (even if you have it installed), and that Compositor demo is built anyway.. Leading to unfound headers.
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 958#145958
If configure did not find CEGUI (even if you have it installed), and that Compositor demo is built anyway.. Leading to unfound headers.
Have a question about Input? Video? WGE? Come on over... http://www.wreckedgames.com/forum/
-
kruupy
- Kobold
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 2:21 pm
Thankyou for that, it worked like a charm..
But now I am having a problem with Building SampleApp. I am using Anjuta and have created a new project with the copied code. I have also copied the required headers (ExampleApplication.h and ExampleFrameListener.h) and .cfg files (resources.cfg and plugins.cfg) to my /SampleApp/src directory.
I am able to compile correctly however when I try to build I get the error:.
How can I get rid of this so that I may builld successfully?
also, I took a look at the plugins.cfg and it says:
and I dont have DirectX installed...I have OpenGL headers installed in /usr/include/GL will this matter? (im pretty sure it does lol) If I have to choose between DX and GL id prefer GL but what does the plugins.cfg meant to look like for OpenGL rather than DX?
Thankyou for all your help in these 2 problems.
But now I am having a problem with Building SampleApp. I am using Anjuta and have created a new project with the copied code. I have also copied the required headers (ExampleApplication.h and ExampleFrameListener.h) and .cfg files (resources.cfg and plugins.cfg) to my /SampleApp/src directory.
I am able to compile correctly however when I try to build I get the error:
Code: Select all
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/akruup/Projects/SampleApp/src'
make[2]:*** No rule to make target ' CEGUIBase', needed by ' sampleapp'. stopHow can I get rid of this so that I may builld successfully?
also, I took a look at the plugins.cfg and it says:
Code: Select all
# Defines plugins to load
# Define plugin folder
PluginFolder=..\..\..\..\Samples\Common\bin\Debug
# Define D3D rendering implementation plugin
Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D7
Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D8
Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D9
Plugin=RenderSystem_GL
Plugin=Plugin_FileSystem
Plugin=Plugin_ParticleFX
Plugin=Plugin_BSPSceneManager
#Plugin=Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
Plugin=Plugin_NatureSceneManagerThankyou for all your help in these 2 problems.
Last edited by kruupy on Fri May 05, 2006 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
- pjcast
- OGRE Retired Team Member

- Posts: 2543
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:53 am
- Location: San Diego, Ca
- x 2
- Contact:
You should look at the Plugins.cfg file that is in /ogrenew/Samples/Common/bin
That is the Linux one.. And, you should have GL isntalled, or you would not have been able to build Ogre. Not sure about that CEGUIBase error.. i imagine you setup something wrong in your makefile.
That is the Linux one.. And, you should have GL isntalled, or you would not have been able to build Ogre. Not sure about that CEGUIBase error.. i imagine you setup something wrong in your makefile.
Have a question about Input? Video? WGE? Come on over... http://www.wreckedgames.com/forum/
-
kruupy
- Kobold
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 2:21 pm
- pjcast
- OGRE Retired Team Member

- Posts: 2543
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:53 am
- Location: San Diego, Ca
- x 2
- Contact:
Your make files appear to be wrong. If you built CEGUI and Ogre, and installed them already, they should be fine.
I strongly suggest you take a look at CodeBlocks (the latest SVN code). You will need to install wxGTK-dev package, but that should be cake (for me, on fedora, it was just:
yum install wxGTK-dev
)
Anyway, CodeBlocks is really supperp (and the best IDE for linux IMHO).. It also has a Ogre template project in it's new project dialog - though, i havn't tried that.
Anyway, setting up your project files is simple, and easy there. Just add libOgreMain, and libCEGUIBase to your project, set up the proper lib location (/usr/local/lib/) and header location (/usr/local/includes/CEGUI and OGRE) and it should be cake.
I strongly suggest you take a look at CodeBlocks (the latest SVN code). You will need to install wxGTK-dev package, but that should be cake (for me, on fedora, it was just:
yum install wxGTK-dev
)
Anyway, CodeBlocks is really supperp (and the best IDE for linux IMHO).. It also has a Ogre template project in it's new project dialog - though, i havn't tried that.
Anyway, setting up your project files is simple, and easy there. Just add libOgreMain, and libCEGUIBase to your project, set up the proper lib location (/usr/local/lib/) and header location (/usr/local/includes/CEGUI and OGRE) and it should be cake.
Have a question about Input? Video? WGE? Come on over... http://www.wreckedgames.com/forum/