Texture modes in 3DSMAX

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
User avatar
BlasterN
Gnome
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:07 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Texture modes in 3DSMAX

Post by BlasterN »

Anyone knows how to use 3DSMAX like Worldcraft-GTKRadian ?

I find the way to use max without precision now, and I try to use "Real World Texture coordiantes" but it's not enought for me, because I have to change the material ID to apply diferent textures to the same object and create a multi-material. And I lose to much time doing this.

What i want:
- apply texture per faces
- simply move/scale UV

a plugin maybe?
Works:
MapToMesh | Bengine B9 @ www.sourceforge.net/projects/maptoogremesh/
3DWorldStudio exporter@ www.blastern.info
pxL
Gremlin
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:48 am
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by pxL »

Your talking about doing UV mapping right? (just started 3ds maxing myself :D) There is an modifier called unwrap UVW map - then in the optionspanel (of the modifier) just click edit map :)

There should be a small tutorial about it coming with 3ds max - you could also just look for one on the www :)
User avatar
BlasterN
Gnome
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:07 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Post by BlasterN »

I know the "unwarp map" modifier, but like I said before. I lose too much time using it too. For maps its better use "UVW Map" mixed with polygon selection in "edit mesh" That's what I'm doing now.
In worldcraft I apply a texture per face without using any modifier (it's call a brush)
Works:
MapToMesh | Bengine B9 @ www.sourceforge.net/projects/maptoogremesh/
3DWorldStudio exporter@ www.blastern.info
Post Reply