Hi Folks,
here is the first version of material editor for Ogre.
It is quite simple yet, works with a few most common flags and colors. Hopefuly it will help to some of you, which work wiht larger amount of materials and files.
It does not support SHADERS yet, though it is planned once I will have some time to make it.
Also, there might be some bugs (as surely there are;-)), feel free to report it here, I will try to correct it as soon as reasonable possible.
The functions will extend with time, we are integrating the editor into our workflow, so I will place the new versions regularly (more or less;-)).
If you have some ideas, I will be glad to hear that...
It can be downloaded from
www.3dpeople.de/material_editor.zip
Hopefuly you will enjoy it and it will help you...
PS: I have forgotten to mention, that the merge function doesn't work yet;), will be fine in the next build...
Simple Material Editor - first version
-
Bringer of Darkness
- Halfling
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:57 pm
-
Lodes
- Google Summer of Code Student

- Posts: 228
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:02 am
- Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Here is some constructive criticism:
- This is a "hard to use" material editor
- The interface, needs to be cleaned up (align some things, group common elements together, ...)
- I tried to write a dummy material that I had created but it didn't write anything when I click saved and gave it a file (it created the file but the file was empty).
- Is there supposed to be a list of materials to the left of the screen?
Feature Request:
- Material preview on a sphere or mesh or whatever
- Support for techniques and passes
- Show me the colors that I choose on the main screen.
A material editor with full shader support is sure a lot of work (I know because I have to write one too
)
- This is a "hard to use" material editor
- The interface, needs to be cleaned up (align some things, group common elements together, ...)
- I tried to write a dummy material that I had created but it didn't write anything when I click saved and gave it a file (it created the file but the file was empty).
- Is there supposed to be a list of materials to the left of the screen?
Feature Request:
- Material preview on a sphere or mesh or whatever
- Support for techniques and passes
- Show me the colors that I choose on the main screen.
A material editor with full shader support is sure a lot of work (I know because I have to write one too
-
Bringer of Darkness
- Halfling
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:57 pm
I admit there should be some points cleaned indeed, it is the first usable build:-)
Well, first you need to create a new material, it should create a new record in the list on the left side and you can edit it afterwards.
It shows the colors you use on the main screen once you haev the new material created.
Support for techniques and passes is planned, hopefuly it will work well possibly even this week, but more likely,sometimes later;-)
There are quite some bugs still, as I have noticed, I will fix some of these in the next release this week...
Well, first you need to create a new material, it should create a new record in the list on the left side and you can edit it afterwards.
It shows the colors you use on the main screen once you haev the new material created.
Support for techniques and passes is planned, hopefuly it will work well possibly even this week, but more likely,sometimes later;-)
There are quite some bugs still, as I have noticed, I will fix some of these in the next release this week...