If not, and I know it's cheeky, has anyone the time and is fancy to take the challenge to write one? I would if i could, but I don't know how to do...
Wanted: Cinema 4D Exporter for Mesh, Animation and Material
- simply
- Halfling
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:45 am
- Location: Switzerland
- Contact:
Wanted: Cinema 4D Exporter for Mesh, Animation and Material
First the question: Is there anywhere such a Cinema4D to OGRE format exporter available? I love this software, I think it is the most user-friendly 3d modeling and animating tool, and it comes with Bodypaint3D, the best texturing tool. 
If not, and I know it's cheeky, has anyone the time and is fancy to take the challenge to write one? I would if i could, but I don't know how to do...
If not, and I know it's cheeky, has anyone the time and is fancy to take the challenge to write one? I would if i could, but I don't know how to do...
- jacmoe
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 20570
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Denmark
- x 179
- Contact:
I agree that BodyPaint is a great tool!
I usually use Blender as the OGRE exporter.
BP is good at importing 3ds, and good at exporting to Lightwave (lwo), which Blender happily loads.
I am not sure if an exporter is *really* needed, but it would be nice of course.
I usually use Blender as the OGRE exporter.
BP is good at importing 3ds, and good at exporting to Lightwave (lwo), which Blender happily loads.
I am not sure if an exporter is *really* needed, but it would be nice of course.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.