MAX Exporter Problem.

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
ArenAK
Halfling
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:04 pm

MAX Exporter Problem.

Post by ArenAK »

Sorry,I know this is a little outdated. But I just want make sure what's the problem:)

I use Ogre3DSExporter-1.0.7 to export my .max model,when I render it in ogre,every thing is all right,except that there is no texture on the model.

I've checked .material file,like this:

Code: Select all

material Material #203/10_-_Default
{
    technique
    {
        pass
        {
            ambient 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235
            diffuse 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235
            specular 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.0
            emissive 0.0 0.0 0.0
            texture_unit
            {
                texture buliao3.jpg 
            }
        }
    }
}

material Material #203/02_-_Default
{
    technique
    {
        pass
        {
            ambient 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235
            diffuse 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235
            specular 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.0
            emissive 0.0 0.0 0.0
            texture_unit
            {
                texture huizhang.jpg 
            }
        }
    }
}
And I'm sure I have placed the .jpg files at the proper location.

So what's wrong? How can I solve the problem?
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

Look at the ogre.log, please.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
ArenAK
Halfling
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:04 pm

Post by ArenAK »

Thanks for your reminding. And through the ogre.log,I have checked and solved the problem.

It says "Can't assign material Material_#203/10_-_Default to SubEntity of entity because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?".

However I don't know why this:when I exported the model,in the .mesh file material name is "Material_#203/10_-_Default",but in the .material file it is "Material #203/10_-_Default", the difference is that underline.Maybe I should check it once more.

Thanks again.
User avatar
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Dublin, CA, US
x 22

Post by xavier »

The MaxScript exporter puts underscores in where spaces exist in the names. Solution: Do not name your materials or objects with spaces inside of Max.
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

Solution: use OGRE materials (in MAX). :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
User avatar
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Dublin, CA, US
x 22

Post by xavier »

Actually, the solution is use oFusion instead of the MaxScript exporter.
Post Reply