[Sinbad/Bisco]CVS Maya Exporter latest?

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
User avatar
HexiDave
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:00 pm
x 1

[Sinbad/Bisco]CVS Maya Exporter latest?

Post by HexiDave »

The dates seem a bit older and are listed as 1.2.0 - are these the latest files from the binaries added recently? There's a few problems with the latest, I wanna see if I can track em down, but I would like to make sure I have the correct files before hopping in :D

Note: I'm still fairly new to CVS, so appologies if this is a dumb question.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

I'll ping him :)
User avatar
bisco
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: London, United Kingdom

Post by bisco »

sorry for the delay but I had some troubles with CVS and found a bug on texcoords too...
Now everything has been solved and the new sources are up on CVS ;)
User avatar
HexiDave
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:00 pm
x 1

Post by HexiDave »

Oh fantastic, thanks very much :D
User avatar
HexiDave
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:00 pm
x 1

Post by HexiDave »

Woo hoo! Works fantastically :D Fixed that crazy bounding-box bug so I'm really happy.

Until Sinbad has time to update the downloads page, here's a link to 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0 compiled with the DLLs, MEL script and instructions file:

Link here.

This should be up to date as of whenever CVS was updated last 8)
User avatar
bisco
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: London, United Kingdom

Post by bisco »

Still have some trouble with bounding boxes for animate dmeshes though...
Any ideas?
Right now I just merge all vertices on bounding box creation, but is there an easy way to know the spatial limits of the mesh animation?
Otherwise I can extract that data from the maya mesh...
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

In the XSI exporter I expand the bounding box as I sample the animation so the AABB is the largest area covered by any animation.
User avatar
bisco
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: London, United Kingdom

Post by bisco »

Ok thanks, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure not to have missed some fancy function doing it on it's own ;)
I'll do it on the next update
Post Reply