does anyone know any good ones?
i've done some search but get flooded with "Modeling a Character in 3DS Max"
just wondering what other options are.
character animation book?
-
kneeride
- Bugbear
- Posts: 807
- Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 2:24 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
-
kneeride
- Bugbear
- Posts: 807
- Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 2:24 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- jacmoe
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 20570
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Denmark
- x 179
- Contact:
New Riders - Model, Rig and animate with 3ds max 7 - good book. Doesn't use biped. 
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
- jacmoe
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 20570
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Denmark
- x 179
- Contact:
I mentioned biped because the above book doesn't use biped, and because if you know how to manually construct a full skeleton from bones you will understand (and appreciate) what biped (and Character Studio) does for you.
I don't know what the situation is now, but not too long ago biped wasn't fully supported by the Ogre exporters.
I think you can use biped without problems now.
I don't know what the situation is now, but not too long ago biped wasn't fully supported by the Ogre exporters.
I think you can use biped without problems now.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.