Using normal map generated by maya surface sampler

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
oneplusone
Gnoblar
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:42 am

Using normal map generated by maya surface sampler

Post by oneplusone »

Hi, first time to post here. :D Really need some help.
What I am trying to do is using maya's surface sampler to generate normal map from a high resolutional mesh and a low resolutional on, and use it in Ogre3D. Currently the object space normal map is all right, but the tanget space normal map is strange. I searched the forum, and I use the buildTangentVectors() for my model. I am thinking that the problem could be the ways of computing tangents in maya and Ogre3D are different. I also tried melody, which is also the same. I realize in melody there is an option specifying to build the tangets compatible with unreal engine. So there is a compatible problem between the generator and the runtime engine, right? some please clarify this for me.

I also tried to convert object space map to tangent space map. Didn't work well neighter.
Post Reply