Soon to come: Open source texture painter
- Jerky
- Orc Shaman
- Posts: 791
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:13 am
- Location: Springville, Utah
- Contact:
-
centipede
- Silver Sponsor

- Posts: 120
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:43 am
- Location: Vinstrup, Denmark
- Contact:
@All: Glad it works now. I'll stay ATI bound for a little while further. 
@JACMOE, wait! I may know already what those artifacts are: If you are talking about things that is happening near the brush when you paint, there's not much I can do about it. It's the (prette aggressive) parallax scrolling the material has that makes it impossible to predict where things will end up.
However that problem is a material issue and not something the programs will concern themselves with (which would be like asking photoshop to predict how gamedevelopers would apply their bump-map using some unknown shader).
@JACMOE, wait! I may know already what those artifacts are: If you are talking about things that is happening near the brush when you paint, there's not much I can do about it. It's the (prette aggressive) parallax scrolling the material has that makes it impossible to predict where things will end up.
However that problem is a material issue and not something the programs will concern themselves with (which would be like asking photoshop to predict how gamedevelopers would apply their bump-map using some unknown shader).
- jacmoe
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 20570
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Denmark
- x 179
- Contact:
Nah, I am talking about black shadow artifacts at the edges of the cube.
They are dynamically changing shape when I rotate the cube.
They are dynamically changing shape when I rotate the cube.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
- SunSailor
- Gnoll
- Posts: 699
- Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:45 pm
- Location: Velbert, Germany
- x 2
- Contact:
-
centipede
- Silver Sponsor

- Posts: 120
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:43 am
- Location: Vinstrup, Denmark
- Contact:
Parallax too, I'm afraid 
The shader moves the texture coordinates depending on the viewing position. Not much I can do, really. Ofcourse using a box as a test object - and even one where the texture areas of the faces doesn't line up on the texture map NOT to mention the fact that it's got downright SICK tangents - is not helping this any further. The object is flawed, not the program.
The problem is far less apparent when painting on a model of a head. E.g. download this model, rename it "test.mesh.xml" and put it in /media/models: http://artcamilla.dk/centipede/insects/ ... d.mesh.xml
The shader moves the texture coordinates depending on the viewing position. Not much I can do, really. Ofcourse using a box as a test object - and even one where the texture areas of the faces doesn't line up on the texture map NOT to mention the fact that it's got downright SICK tangents - is not helping this any further. The object is flawed, not the program.
The problem is far less apparent when painting on a model of a head. E.g. download this model, rename it "test.mesh.xml" and put it in /media/models: http://artcamilla.dk/centipede/insects/ ... d.mesh.xml
- jacmoe
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 20570
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Denmark
- x 179
- Contact:
Much better! 
<critics on>
But, I have to say this:
The artifacts were not present in pre-0.0.4 insect circuses.
This tool should be able to handle just about any valid mesh we - the users - are throwing at it.
And, most of the time - because we want to use it for games - we will paint on blocky shapes to make them look like they're not blocky.
</critics off>
<critics on>
But, I have to say this:
The artifacts were not present in pre-0.0.4 insect circuses.
This tool should be able to handle just about any valid mesh we - the users - are throwing at it.
And, most of the time - because we want to use it for games - we will paint on blocky shapes to make them look like they're not blocky.
</critics off>
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
-
centipede
- Silver Sponsor

- Posts: 120
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:43 am
- Location: Vinstrup, Denmark
- Contact:
- jacmoe
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 20570
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Denmark
- x 179
- Contact:
Since I saw a glimpse of this great tool in the OpenFrag demo ...IFASS wrote:Any updates centipede?
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.

