Any Sensei or Guru available?

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
Mossa TheGreat
Halfling

Any Sensei or Guru available?

Post by Mossa TheGreat »

Hello everyone. This is Mossa TheGreat. I am making this thread, asking for a teacher, a sensei, a well knowledged man - or woman - that have quite good amount of time to... Instruct me if you will. If you have the time, the will, and the patience please reply to this thread or any of my emails. Which I will list below.

Resume:
  • Programmer. Knowledgeable of C/C++/C# syntax.
    Have experience using SDL with C++.
    Did some Blitz3D programming.
I have thought of it this way. I get some instructions to the articles/documents that I have to read. Providing a link would be beautiful. And I then if I can get some of my questions answered, the teacher would give me assignments to do and return to him on a deadline.

Any subject within Game Programming would be appreciated. Although I am willing to study any, and I repeat, any subject you would like to teach me, as long as it is within the Programming world. Important Mathematical concepts is also a subject to take up.

Inspiration: This can be used as a material to a book which can be written by both the Student - me - and the teacher - you - and later on published. It may be a success since you take a newbie and train him, see where the difficulties lays and so forth.

I promise to hold all deadlines and do all my assignments with great afford. I must admit that this is not a paid job. I am relaying on the writing articles or books as motivation/payment. I would happily organize questions I've asked and explanation in a such a way so other people can benefit from this.

Contact info: Sincerely,

Your future apprentice Mossa TheGreat
Last edited by Mossa TheGreat on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am looking for a Sensei: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 022#188022

Anyone seek 3D help, should go to www.3DBuzz.com. Best place ever for 3D Related matters.
Frenetic
Bugbear

Post by Frenetic »

Is this job a paid position? Generally when you request resumes, you provide information on the "compensation". ;)
Mossa TheGreat
Halfling

Post by Mossa TheGreat »

Nah, I am unable to buy good books... I can't pay a teacher... Basically I am hoping that someone would be interested in the "writing" articles or books through this agreement.

I will edit the post...
I am looking for a Sensei: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 022#188022

Anyone seek 3D help, should go to www.3DBuzz.com. Best place ever for 3D Related matters.
irrdev
Orc

Post by irrdev »

This is like asking for a free, one-on-one tutor, am I right? I don't think anyone will respond to this. :wink: For one thing, why don't you buy Xavier's book: Pro Ogre3d Programming? A link is availble on the Ogre Home Page. For $50.00 including shipping, you just can't go wrong. If you insist on advertising for a free tutor, then please include some more details. What kind of application are you trying to make; game, 3d content creator, 3d graph program? What is your objective? What do you already know in Ogre? Is you app for commercial use? Are you part of a team? What kind of actual programs have you made in the languages you profess to know? Really, any potential tutor for you (if there are any :lol: ) would never respond to this "Resumé" without more information. :wink:
FeedLaunch .NET RSS and ATOM feed editor- open-source and released under the GPL. Visit Feed Launch .NET Project Website hosted at sourceforge.net
syedhs
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by syedhs »

Maybe the most sensible thing that you can do is surf the internet, read a lot about many materials which can be digested according to your level. There is no other way.
Mossa TheGreat
Halfling

Post by Mossa TheGreat »

syedhs wrote:Maybe the most sensible thing that you can do is surf the internet, read a lot about many materials which can be digested according to your level. There is no other way.
... Which is what I am doing at the moment... But I thought about this for a moment and it sounded really genius to me.

Having a book based on a real students questions, answers, approach to solve assignments. I can't make these up myself, but I could do the hardwork - or some of it at least - and make a great collection of articles for other people to benefit from it.

If it is an OGRE subject, OGRE newcomers will have good stuff to go with. Sinbad and the rest of the crew will have more articles in their wiki. And so forth.

I am consistently learning and trying stuff out, I am not stopping and waiting for someone to come and BABY feed me.

raicuandi
Gargoyle

Post by raicuandi »

And this was the reason I started a project called "Ogrio" (sounds like some sort of "mini-Ogre" if you may.. :) ) some time ago, but I did not have enough experience by that time to teach other people too. It was suppose to be a learning project open for any newbie, but it didn't attract many.. :( (maybe I didn't make it sounds serious? :roll: )

However, after studying hard, Ogrio's code has gone mature :)
See for yourself.

I just added support for Ogre3D's profiler, with the possibility to deactivate it trough the config file, and spent 1 hour (mainly due to the slow compile times, because I have 40 .cpp's :) ) on a workaround for the profiler's bugs about the drawing. (overlays) Or I just didn't use it correctly :roll: it works now anyway, so who cares?

My base for learning were the tutorials, the external tuts, and the great people on the forum&irc! Last but not least, the opensource projects around the net :wink:

Took me a while (like I said before, EXACTLY 1 year to get "mature" :) ) but I'm happy now :P

If you wish to join the programming efforts in making this game, please post in the recruitment portion of my forum. Create an account before, of course.

I will try to teach you at my best, and you'll help the development.
The code is split into "logic programs" (sort of 'game states'), so you can work on one portion (ie: the menu) while I work on another without interfering one with the other, or sometimes we can of course work at the same portion of code togheter!

ALL the code that you see now is almost entirely (if not 100%) written by me.

Since you are a beginner (or so I understand), I don't know how much you will be able to code, but I'll teach you as good as I know and explain you things as we go (also answer your questions) ;)

I know, because I wished it too :)

Right now, Ogrio's framework is nearly complete (I'll expand/adapt it on the go as needed), so its time to push loads of code all over the place in the game :D (for all domains) so I could REALLY use a hand around here ;)

Btw, this is a full-featured game, so it has graphics, physics, sounds etc. even networking. (in the future)

Some contact info if you decide ;)
email: raicuandi@gmail.com
msn: raicuandi@gmail.com
yahoo: raicu_andi@yahoo.com
www.ogrio.com (see forum)

PS: heh, I hope my reply doesn't look too bloated.. :)
Mossa TheGreat
Halfling

Post by Mossa TheGreat »

[quote="raicuandi"][/quote]

May I call you my Sensei now? :lol:

I take the freaking deal! This way I can benefit, get to know a great guy that things about others, work(really work).

To be honest I do not how good I am, but I have done a few things in C++ and read a fairly amount of articles, so I hope I can contribute good.

Added your MSN, hope we can discus this further, this is what I am looking for - almost... It is actually a lot better... - so yeah! Hope to talk to you soon.

Your apprentice, Mossa TheGreat

Mossa TheGreat
Halfling

Post by Mossa TheGreat »

I thank all the people and have looked at this thread and contacted me.

Let see what the future holds for me...

Mossa TheGreat
Halfling

Post by Mossa TheGreat »

I would like to say that I am still looking for a Guru, if there is anyone that wish to take some of their precious time and put things together with me, please contact me as soon as humanly possible :oops:

Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by Kencho »

From the forum rules:
:arrow: Don't 'bump' threads unless you have something more to add. If you didn't get a response the first time, it's likely that you didn't provide enough information, or people thought you hadn't done enough work of your own to justify a response. Or, they just might not have known the answer.
This thread has been alive for almost three months. Honestly, you have had enough time to learn by yourself (specially if you are a C++ and Blitz3D user) through the tutorials, reading the forums, and most important, trying yourself. I don't think bumping this thread is justified.
What about trying to learn yourself instead of waiting in front of the screen? If you haven't found what you were looking for, I doubt you ever do. We all learnt by ourselves, so it's not a matter of needing a teacher at all.
Mossa TheGreat
Halfling

Post by Mossa TheGreat »

[quote="Kencho"][/quote]

Well, I am sorry for bumping an old thread. Yeah, you are right about this. However, I have been learning, but I still want to do the book thing. I am very positive on the writing about a subject of any kind with someone that truly want a book newbies can understand.

As for OpenGL, well, I have ordered some new books and going to read those. By myself of course :D

Thank you for replying to my thread and for the good advice.

irrdev
Orc

Post by irrdev »

Mossa TheGreat wrote:
Kencho wrote:
As for OpenGL, well, I have ordered some new books and going to read those. By myself of course Very Happy
To be honest, those books won't help you at all for using Ogre. The only thing you might optionally use is GLSL shaders. However, by the sounds of it, you have a lot of learning to do in other areas of 3d programming before you can consider using shaders! As I said, go buy Xavier's book; it is really worth it. :wink:
FeedLaunch .NET RSS and ATOM feed editor- open-source and released under the GPL. Visit Feed Launch .NET Project Website hosted at sourceforge.net
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by Kencho »

The basics are the same for Ogre, DX and OGL. I learnt GL before and it actually helped me understanding Ogre. That provides very useful information, and is a good resource to know how things work below.