Touchpoint Gallery v1.0 Released!

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
derekvanvliet
Gnoblar

Touchpoint Gallery v1.0 Released!

Post by derekvanvliet »

Direct Download

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce this software we've recently released called Touchpoint Gallery.

It enables you to collect digital photos together from a variety of sources (hard drive, usb-connected camera, flickr, rss, etc.) into a 2D/3D environment to showcase them. You can also use it as your screen saver and to set your desktop wallpaper.

As you might have guessed, we used Ogre for our renderer and couldn't have been more pleased with that experience.

We call each environment a "Template" and we plan to pump out lots more of them now that we have pushed the initial release out the door.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Derek

UPDATE: Screenies courtesy flickr.

UPDATE 2: As a way of saying thanks to the Ogre community for your tremendous level of support, Touchpoint Studios is pleased to offer a 40% discount on the price of the application for the next week (up until May 4, 2007). To take advantage, simply enter the following word as a coupon code while purchasing: EIHORT

Last edited by derekvanvliet on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Game_Ender
Ogre Magi

Post by Game_Ender »

Please post some screen shots for us to oogol. :)
skullfire
Gremlin

Post by skullfire »

Fantastic idea derek! downloading right now!
I may have alzheimer, but at least I dont have alzheimer.
CaseyB
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by CaseyB »

Wow! That's very well done! If you don't mind my asking what did you use for the windowing and the GUI? I like it a LOT!
Praetor
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Praetor »

Amazing! Will I be able to possibly visit someone else's gallery in the future?
celic
Gnome

Post by celic »

Excelent idea!
Great screens! :-)
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by Kencho »

W-o-w!! :shock: :shock:
Fantastic look! It's one of the finest galleries I've ever seen. Excellent job!
Paulov
Greenskin

Post by Paulov »

beautifull tool.

The guided tour is ok, but would recomend to insert ability of navigate freely.
ahmedismaiel
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor

Post by ahmedismaiel »

the screens look good ,u need a vista machine to test on ,because it doesnt work at all there
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Very nicely done, really slick.

I noticed you turned off filtering on the pictures themselves though which in full 3D mode can lead to a little bit of the case of the sparkling pixels - nothing major but I noticed because I'm picky :) You might want to consider using mip biasing and / or anisotropic filtering if it's available to retain the sharpness but also to eliminate the small effects of a lack of filtering.
Aladrin
Orc

Post by Aladrin »

Wow, those screenies are great!
derekvanvliet
Gnoblar

Post by derekvanvliet »

Wow great feedback guys. Thanks!
CaseyB wrote:If you don't mind my asking what did you use for the windowing and the GUI?
All of the windows and dialogs are Win32/MFC. The in-scene playback controller is made of overlays. I used some custom controls for the main dialog that you see when the app first loads:

HMX Controls: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/hmxcontrols.asp

FxButton: http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/fxbutton.asp
Praetor wrote:Will I be able to possibly visit someone else's gallery in the future?
You bet! Gallery-sharing is coming in a future release.
Shadow007
Gremlin

Wow ...

Post by Shadow007 »

I tried it here at work but as the graphics card is crappy, so was the framerate. Still it looks REALLY cool !

I second Paulov's suggestion of controling the path...

As for suggestions I have a few :
Templates :
- "Castle" where you travel inside of a "renaissance castle", where the photographs are placed inside of portraits.

- "Escher" gallery, where you are inside of an 3d/no consistant upside/downside, going from one door to the next. You open a door at a time, see the picture and close the door + go to a next one.

- "Hotel Room 66" : Walking inside a hotel, here again opening each door one at a time and looking what's inside.

- "Ultimate Zoom" : when you're in an image, you ZOOM into one of it's pixel, which is chosen based on the next image's "major color", and Zoom into that photograph etc ... (I don't know how it's feasible though).

"Skyscrapers and billboards by night" : The photographs are pictured as billboards on the side of skyscrapers by night.

Data Sources :
I haven't had a good look at the MyPictures/MyFolder description, but I'd suggest a few options : random or ordered (with an ability to set the order), even if recursive !

Webcam/WebTV/Tuner : capturing a frame from the device (possibly in case of WebTV/Tuner switching the channel between each shot inside a list of channels)
Vectrex
Ogre Magi

Post by Vectrex »

very nice. May I suggest you always speed up and slow down the camera as the abbrupt stop takes away a bit from the smooth movement. Looks like you do it sometimes but not always.
Also I wasn't quite sure what to do at first, maybe in the 'default' template section put in some other standard ones so you can check out the cool ones instead of the standard fade image one. Otherwise people might think that's all it does.
Nice work, it'll be interesting to see how it sells
bain
Gnoblar

can't get to site ..

Post by bain »

sadly .. can't get to site ... :(

looks good though

will try again later in the week.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Great idea! :)

Now you can place your images in a gallery, even if you dont have the real life space for it.

Quite something. :D
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
bain
Gnoblar

some comments ..

Post by bain »

I'm having very bad artifacts on graphics .. trying to capture with fraps doens't work .. it's smooth. I'll take a video of my screen for you later.

After adding 2 "galleries" it gives a message that I need to purchase for more , but no way to get out of the message or am I missing something.
Vectrex
Ogre Magi

Re: some comments ..

Post by Vectrex »

bain wrote:I'm having very bad artifacts on graphics .. trying to capture with fraps doens't work .. it's smooth. I'll take a video of my screen for you later.

After adding 2 "galleries" it gives a message that I need to purchase for more , but no way to get out of the message or am I missing something.
no idea why, ogre nearly always needs newish drivers, so try updating. As far as I can tell it's not using any shadow stuff either.
bain
Gnoblar

Post by bain »

I am running the latest version of nvidia drivers. :(
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

What card / OS? Works fine here on the latest nVidia drivers (6800 GS, XP)
derekvanvliet
Gnoblar

Re: some comments ..

Post by derekvanvliet »

bain wrote:I'm having very bad artifacts on graphics .. trying to capture with fraps doens't work .. it's smooth. I'll take a video of my screen for you later.

Could you post screen shots of the artifacts? I'm also interested to know what card/OS you're running on.

Also, there should be a "No Thanks" button in the lower left of the dialog that notifies you that you've reached the limit for the number of galleries you can create.
irrdev
Orc

Post by irrdev »

Wow! Great screenies! :)
FeedLaunch .NET RSS and ATOM feed editor- open-source and released under the GPL. Visit Feed Launch .NET Project Website hosted at sourceforge.net
Dredogol
Goblin

Post by Dredogol »

Wow, that's a pretty cool idea!

I'm quite surprised at how the shiny the wood floor is.

Great job, and keep it up. I might DL the final product and use it as my screensaver! :D