OgreML: Ogre HTML parser

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Post Reply
User avatar
axon
Halfling
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:28 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
x 1
Contact:

OgreML: Ogre HTML parser

Post by axon »

Hey all.

Every once in a while I want to embed documents in Ogre Scenes. I use Ogre mostly for writing teaching tools that can benefit from VR/3D elements and I could really use an easy way of displaying documents with embeded images that can do a good job of pagination and word-wrapping etc.

I've looked around for such a beast a few times but there doesn't seem to be anything around to fulfill this need?

Have I missed something? Is there an easy way of displaying a HTML document (say, to an image) which can then be cleanly displayed as a textured quad?

If not, lemme know if anyone else could benefit and I might be able to pluck up the courage to write said plugin.

Axon
User avatar
Frenetic
Bugbear
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:08 am

Post by Frenetic »

There's Navi for starters. If you look around, there are also plugins (at varying degrees of completeness) for embedding Flash.
User avatar
axon
Halfling
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:28 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
x 1
Contact:

Post by axon »

Niiice! :)

As always.. if it's a good idea... then Ogre's already got it sorted (or there's something in the pipeline).

Thanks Frenetic. (it's your fault! blame Canaduh.)
Post Reply