nvPerfHud5 is out, but doesn't work with ogre?

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Post Reply
User avatar
gerds
Goblin
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:59 am
Location: London, United Kingdom
x 1

nvPerfHud5 is out, but doesn't work with ogre?

Post by gerds »

The new nvPerfHud is out (version 5) but it doesn't seem to work with ogre. Maybe they have changed the 'application hooks' required to run the tool.

Has anyone get nvPerfHud5 to work?
If not, is there just a few lines of code in the DX9 plugin to get this to work, I might add the patch myself.
User avatar
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Dublin, CA, US
x 22

Post by xavier »

Gerds, you know better than to ask before serching. This was just brought up this week, and solved already.

http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34486
Do you need help? What have you tried?

Image

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.
User avatar
gerds
Goblin
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:59 am
Location: London, United Kingdom
x 1

Post by gerds »

Oh no, I searched I swear :oops: , must have been a typo.
Thanks xavier
User avatar
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Dublin, CA, US
x 22

Post by xavier »

LOL just needling ya. ;)
Do you need help? What have you tried?

Image

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.
User avatar
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 1316
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
x 18
Contact:

Post by PolyVox »

Actually it brings up an interesting point, that the search doesn't always seem to be up to date. I think maybe the google bot only indexes the forum once every week or so?

I've noticed this when I've seen an interesting post just a few days ago and haven't been able to find it agin. Does PHPBB have a built in search, which actually searches the database, rather than relying on Google? Maybe this strains the server though...
User avatar
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 7157
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
x 538

Post by Kojack »

Does PHPBB have a built in search
Yep, 2 lines above the google search bar is the phpbb search button.
User avatar
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 1316
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
x 18
Contact:

Post by PolyVox »

Ha, well now I feel a little stupid... Thanks Kojack!
User avatar
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Dublin, CA, US
x 22

Post by xavier »

PolyVox wrote:Actually it brings up an interesting point, that the search doesn't always seem to be up to date. I think maybe the google bot only indexes the forum once every week or so?
Actually, it is usually within the hour. I've sometimes made a post, only to go do a search on the topic and find the post that I *just posted* in the hits.

The Google search is infinitely better than the phpBB search.
Do you need help? What have you tried?

Image

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.
Post Reply