Ogre ResourceGroupListener resourceLoadEnded param

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Post Reply
User avatar
madmarx
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:26 pm
x 51

Ogre ResourceGroupListener resourceLoadEnded param

Post by madmarx »

Hi,

I use some brutal features today to dynamically transforms my meshes before/after loading/ creation. (Exemple : when i want to have manual pose animation + skeletal animation + softbody and cloth on my mesh).

I know the "Ogre::ResourceGroupListener" was created only to make "beautiful loading progress bars", but I really think it could be extremely powerfull component to gain access to the different stages of loading.

But one thing is really lacking. It is the argument/parameter of the function "resourceLoadEnded".
Let's have a look at the API to compare with another function of the same class:


virtual void resourceLoadStarted (const ResourcePtr &resource)=0
This event is fired when a declared resource is about to be loaded.

virtual void resourceLoadEnded (void)=0
This event is fired when the resource has been loaded.

So the feature I request is the following function :
virtual void resourceLoadEnded (const ResourcePtr &resource)=0

What do you think? Is there a reason why it is not there anymore (resource destructed/hidden...)?

Pierre
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

It's not there because the resource that's ending is the same as the last one that was passed to the 'started' method.
User avatar
madmarx
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:26 pm
x 51

Post by madmarx »

Ok,

-- I thougth there were maybe issues with concurrent resource loading & multi-thread. Once more I was wrong :D --

thank you for the quick answer (& the engin) !
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

No, right now only one thread will do the loading, even if it's 'background' to the main thread, so the start/end calls will be in the same thread.
Post Reply