Quest for the coolest avatar

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Quest for the coolest avatar

Post by lonewolff »

Who do you think has the coolest avatar in the Ogre community?

I saw one a while back that was awesome. I'll have to dig through my previous posts to see if I can find who that was.

Feel free to post pics of what you think to be the coolest avatar.

Anyone who posts Sinbad's is plain sucking up :lol: :lol:

My current favorites

Image

This one gets disqualified, as it is a gamedev avatar.

Image
Last edited by lonewolff on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4011
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:28 pm
Location: Burgos, Spain
x 2
Contact:

Re: Quest for the coolest avatar

Post by Kencho »

lonewolff wrote:I saw one a while back that was awesome. I'll have to dig through my previous posts to see if I can find who that was.
How does that avatar look like?
Image
User avatar
jorrit5477
Gremlin
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:48 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by jorrit5477 »

I still have to thank Xavier for pointing me out to a cartoon series I never heard of. Since my girlfriend recognised Stewie, not knowing where it came from though, I asked him where it was from and... I am hooked! :D

If it is the most cool one I can't tell though...
User avatar
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 3447
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:15 pm
Location: Wales, UK
x 58
Contact:

Post by betajaen »

I think I should win:

Image

The Fonz is the King of Cool. So by Fonzie logic; Anything that features the Fonzie is the coolest. Therefore I have the coolest avatar.
User avatar
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 7157
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
x 538

Post by Kojack »

I can't think of many off the top of my head, so I'll agree that the Fonz with a floating cube is the best so far. :)

Normally I change my avatar a lot, but to maintain a consistent personality on here I've kept my first one (Foamy the Squirrel from www.illwillpress.com), plus only 10KB is too small for my usual animated ones.
User avatar
lithander
Greenskin
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Bremen, Germany
x 3
Contact:

Post by lithander »

Image
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Post by lonewolff »

betajaen wrote:I think I should win:

Image

The Fonz is the King of Cool. So by Fonzie logic; Anything that features the Fonzie is the coolest. Therefore I have the coolest avatar.
I was actually thinking about yours the other day. It is certainly one of my favorites!
Kencho wrote:How does that avatar look like?
It was a picture of a dudes head morphed to be just a massive mouth, chomping at the air (animated)
User avatar
syd
Gnome
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:55 am
Location: Paris, France

Post by syd »

there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one :)
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Post by lonewolff »

syd wrote:there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one :)
I know the one. Thats the one with the Yoda speech impediment isn't it? :lol:
User avatar
xadhoom
Minaton
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Germany
x 1

Post by xadhoom »

syd wrote:there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one :)
I agree. Its very good :lol:

But I also like the crazy prof of leonardoaraujo.santos. I think its from
back to future isn´t it? Its one of the pics I always have to look at if I read his
posts... ( http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 6f4e2718c6 )
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Post by lonewolff »

Ahh yes. This one...

Image
User avatar
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4011
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:28 pm
Location: Burgos, Spain
x 2
Contact:

Post by Kencho »

That's Gene Wilder at a scene taken from Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks, 1974). One of my all-time favorite movie. A must for laughs :lol::lol:

That avatar has my vote definitely!
Image
User avatar
neocryptek
Gnome
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:21 pm
Location: Idaho, USA
Contact:

Post by neocryptek »

lonewolff wrote:
Kencho wrote:How does that avatar look like?
It was a picture of a dudes head morphed to be just a massive mouth, chomping at the air (animated)
Sounds a lot like Evolutional's (old) one on GameDev.net:
Image
Last edited by neocryptek on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Post by lonewolff »

Haha! Thats the one :lol:

I thought it was an Ogre one, there you go!

That would make betajaen's one my current favorite in these forums! 8)
The Fonz needs a GUI after all, doesn't he? :lol:
User avatar
syedhs
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
x 51

Post by syedhs »

los_frijoles: the cute but curious spider:
Image

xavier: I dont know about others, I think the boy kinda spooky to me. But it did make me to search internet for the avatar info immediately.
Image

zeroskill: The same reason as xavier's.
Image
Last edited by syedhs on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind, ya' see
Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me
User avatar
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Carinthia, Austria
x 1

Post by stoneCold »

neocryptek wrote:Image
Maybe not the coolest, but more likely the most creepy one (imho) :shock: :)
User avatar
RedEyeCoder
Gnome
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:29 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post by RedEyeCoder »

Commander Keen!
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Post by lonewolff »

I must admit, stoneColds avatar keeps me staring as well. Very eye-catching!

Is your avatar a composition, stoneCold?
User avatar
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Carinthia, Austria
x 1

Post by stoneCold »

lonewolff wrote:Is your avatar a composition, stoneCold?
Most likely it is a fan-made composition or even a complete drawing of "Wayne Static", lead singer of "Static-X".
I'm kind of a fan of Wayne and the band and I found the picture once when I googled for a tutorial how to get (my?!) hair to stand up like this. :)

I thought it was the coolest picture I've seen from Wayne so far, and so I simply replaced my good but old coyote avatar by this one :wink:

Here the pic in full size (looks even cooler imho):
Image


[edit]:
I personally like PolyVox's avatar a lot :D
Image

cheers
Last edited by stoneCold on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 7157
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
x 538

Post by Kojack »

Hehe, every time I saw your avatar I thought of Static X, but wasn't sure. :)
User avatar
syd
Gnome
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:55 am
Location: Paris, France

Post by syd »

was just scolling by the avatar I really like from Aquatix :wink:

Image

I've indeed noticed that c++ jobs have gotten kind of rare :lol:
User avatar
DanielSefton
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Mountain View, CA
x 10
Contact:

Post by DanielSefton »

I think HexiDave's deserves a spot :)

Image
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Post by lonewolff »

@syd & DanielSefton - These ones are great too, arn't they? 8)
User avatar
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 3447
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:15 pm
Location: Wales, UK
x 58
Contact:

Post by betajaen »

HexiDave managed to turn that into a Valve spray icon, it was pretty funny playing CounterStrike and seeing the Ogre logo in the middle of Blue Team's base.
User avatar
Thieum
Gnome
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: Bordeaux, France
x 2
Contact:

Post by Thieum »

Counter Strike has a Blue and a red(?) team now ? :P
Post Reply