xml to 3ds - 3ds to xml // i'm Willing to pay!
-
elrodo
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm
xml to 3ds - 3ds to xml // i'm Willing to pay!
Hello there.
You should know by now how desperate i am. xD
So, here we go.
I'm willing to pay (a reasonable fee) for someone who teaches me how to transform/convert import/export:
XML files FROM SECONDLIFE or Opensim based TO 3dStudio.
and 3ds files to xml - secondlife compatible from already created meshes.
NOT sculpties. Just object/meshes files.
I tried Ogre.
Primcomposer, etc etc.
But no luck so far.
So, please allow me to post this thread.
Please drop some light here.
thanks in advance
You should know by now how desperate i am. xD
So, here we go.
I'm willing to pay (a reasonable fee) for someone who teaches me how to transform/convert import/export:
XML files FROM SECONDLIFE or Opensim based TO 3dStudio.
and 3ds files to xml - secondlife compatible from already created meshes.
NOT sculpties. Just object/meshes files.
I tried Ogre.
Primcomposer, etc etc.
But no luck so far.
So, please allow me to post this thread.
Please drop some light here.
thanks in advance
-
fgcity
- Halfling
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:09 pm
Hi Elrodo.
You don't need to pay anything
If you don't have a product such as 3Ds Max or Maya i would suggest use a demo.
Find a plug in for Max that would export from Max to XML.
And there you go.
Just a quick search on Google gave me this :
http://www.ozone3d.net/wak/
Search for something like:3ds max to xml
I'm sure you'll figure out the rest. Whenever in doubt just post it here.
You don't need to pay anything
If you don't have a product such as 3Ds Max or Maya i would suggest use a demo.
Find a plug in for Max that would export from Max to XML.
And there you go.
Just a quick search on Google gave me this :
http://www.ozone3d.net/wak/
Search for something like:3ds max to xml
I'm sure you'll figure out the rest. Whenever in doubt just post it here.
-
elrodo
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm
fgcity wrote:Hi Elrodo.
You don't need to pay anything
If you don't have a product such as 3Ds Max or Maya i would suggest use a demo.
Find a plug in for Max that would export from Max to XML.
And there you go.
Just a quick search on Google gave me this :
http://www.ozone3d.net/wak/
Search for something like:3ds max to xml
Hello there Fgcity.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I do have maya, 3dstudio '09, etc
The thing is, that xml-secondlife compatible files are different than regular xml files. Or .obj, etc.
So that's why i was thinking on getting a smart guy who may be able to export meshes to xml-secondlife compatible files. Or something like that
The main idea is to transform an already created in 3dsmax mesh to secondlife. And viceversa.
That's why i was thinking that rewarding this task could make someone to investigate and teaches me how to do it.
Once again, thanks for you reply.
I hope that a "converter master" shows up
thanks
I'm sure you'll figure out the rest. Whenever in doubt just post it here.
-
Kim2
- Greenskin
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:29 pm
elrodo
You might try heading over to the oFusion forum and asking the creator of oFusion about writing the script exporter for max, he hangs around there and answers questions about oFusion very quickly. Maybe he can help you, but I'm not really sure what you're going for. The XML files for second life contain complete information for a mesh (all the vertices etc) and not just position/rotation/filename...?
Well, he did make an exporter that exports .mesh files from 3d studio so maybe he knows how to do that too.
You might try heading over to the oFusion forum and asking the creator of oFusion about writing the script exporter for max, he hangs around there and answers questions about oFusion very quickly. Maybe he can help you, but I'm not really sure what you're going for. The XML files for second life contain complete information for a mesh (all the vertices etc) and not just position/rotation/filename...?
Well, he did make an exporter that exports .mesh files from 3d studio so maybe he knows how to do that too.
- Evak
- Orc Shaman
- Posts: 707
- Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:51 pm
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- x 1
- Contact:
Lioric the Ofusion Author mentioned recently that he will soon be releasing ao optional all inclusive scene format that contains scene and mesh data in a single file.
Currently there are XML scene loading and saving, Binary loading, and XML to Binary scene conversion.
For converting formats between different games, I recommend Ultimate Unwrap 3D. That has excellent support for most game formats including Ogre XML meshes.
I noticed there is also Second Life .bmp import and export. I know nothing about Second Life or whether thats the format you meant.
Currently there are XML scene loading and saving, Binary loading, and XML to Binary scene conversion.
For converting formats between different games, I recommend Ultimate Unwrap 3D. That has excellent support for most game formats including Ogre XML meshes.
I noticed there is also Second Life .bmp import and export. I know nothing about Second Life or whether thats the format you meant.
-
elrodo
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm
thanks a lot Kim2Kim2 wrote:elrodo
You might try heading over to the oFusion forum and asking the creator of oFusion about writing the script exporter for max, he hangs around there and answers questions about oFusion very quickly. Maybe he can help you, but I'm not really sure what you're going for. The XML files for second life contain complete information for a mesh (all the vertices etc) and not just position/rotation/filename...?
Well, he did make an exporter that exports .mesh files from 3d studio so maybe he knows how to do that too.
maybe i'm approaching to a solution because of helpful ppl like you.
I will post in that forum, as you recommend.
Once again, thanks!
elrodo
-
elrodo
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm
Evak wrote:Lioric the Ofusion Author mentioned recently that he will soon be releasing ao optional all inclusive scene format that contains scene and mesh data in a single file.
Currently there are XML scene loading and saving, Binary loading, and XML to Binary scene conversion.
For converting formats between different games, I recommend Ultimate Unwrap 3D. That has excellent support for most game formats including Ogre XML meshes.
I noticed there is also Second Life .bmp import and export. I know nothing about Second Life or whether thats the format you meant.
Thanks Evak. I will try Unwrap 3d and see if it works. Thanks for your reply
- Assaf Raman
- OGRE Team Member

- Posts: 3092
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:58 pm
- Location: TLV, Israel
- x 76
-
elrodo
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm
Assaf Raman wrote:try here: http://www.rentacoder.com
Thank you! i posted there too.
I'm still looking for the right person who can write a new script or so!
Please don't hesitate to contact me!
$$$ involved! $$$
Thanks
ElRoDo
- Assaf Raman
- OGRE Team Member

- Posts: 3092
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:58 pm
- Location: TLV, Israel
- x 76
-
soma
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm
Re: xml to 3ds - 3ds to xml // i'm Willing to pay!
elrodo wrote:Hello there.
You should know by now how desperate i am. xD
So, here we go.
I'm willing to pay (a reasonable fee) for someone who teaches me how to transform/convert import/export:
XML files FROM SECONDLIFE or Opensim based TO 3dStudio.
and 3ds files to xml - secondlife compatible from already created meshes.
NOT sculpties. Just object/meshes files.
I tried Ogre.
Primcomposer, etc etc.
But no luck so far.
So, please allow me to post this thread.
Please drop some light here.
thanks in advance
-
soma
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm
Hi Elrodo,
First time tried some of our 3ds model to secondlife conversion and secondlife to 3ds conversion. it is working fine. But export to secondlife file format is tga. i wants to conform the secondlife file format is tga or not.
So pls send any one of your 3ds max model to my mail id (soma_til@yahoo.com)
thanks
SomaSundaram
First time tried some of our 3ds model to secondlife conversion and secondlife to 3ds conversion. it is working fine. But export to secondlife file format is tga. i wants to conform the secondlife file format is tga or not.
So pls send any one of your 3ds max model to my mail id (soma_til@yahoo.com)
thanks
SomaSundaram