Blender export script - apply modifiers

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Smuel
Kobold

Blender export script - apply modifiers

Post by Smuel »

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I couldn't see an addons forum.

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any plans to add an "Apply modifiers" option to the Blender export script. I have quite a lot of objects to export, and most of them use the EdgeSplit modifier to get sharp edges in the mesh, and it's annoying to have to save the .blend file, then go through every object applying the modifier by hand, then export, and finally re-load the saved .blend to undo the modifiers. It would be great if there was an "Apply modifiers" option in the export script that I could enable - then I would just have to select my objects and click on export.

Perhaps there is an easy workaround that I have missed, like a way to apply the modifiers on several objects at once, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Or maybe the script already has something equivalent to this feature and I've missed it. But if it doesn't then that's my feature request.

Thanks.
Smuel
Kobold

The sound of silence.

Post by Smuel »

Okay, I know it's rude to bump my own thread just because nobody has replied to it, but I would quite like an indication of whether my feature request is likely to be fulfilled any time soon.

Has this been discussed before and rejected as too difficult? Or is the Blender export script maintained by someone outside the main OGRE team, and whoever it is does not visit this forum? If so, is there somewhere I can post where my request is more likely to be noticed? Any response would be appreciated.
ppClarity
Gremlin

Re: Blender export script - apply modifiers

Post by ppClarity »

The latest export script is maintained by l3fth4nd. Here's the thread that discusses it:
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45922
Smuel
Kobold

Re: Blender export script - apply modifiers

Post by Smuel »

Okay - I'll try posting there. Thanks.