You know it is me, because my avatar follows me around too.
Quest for the coolest avatar
- lonewolff
- Ogre Magi
- Posts: 1207
- Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
- x 6
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
I have been lucky so far in that regard.
You know it is me, because my avatar follows me around too.
You know it is me, because my avatar follows me around too.
- JohnJ
- OGRE Expert User

- Posts: 975
- Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:14 am
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- x 4
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
I'm wondering: How have some of you managed to set an avatar 100x100 pixels? It seems to only allow 84x84, and I think even less in the addon forums.
P.S. Sorry to bring up an old thread, maybe this belongs in a new one..
P.S. Sorry to bring up an old thread, maybe this belongs in a new one..
- Klaim
- Old One
- Posts: 2565
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:04 am
- Location: Paris, France
- x 56
- Contact:
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
Maybe those images were set before the limitation was added and the check is only done when registering a new image?
- stoneCold
- OGRE Expert User

- Posts: 867
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:13 pm
- Location: Carinthia, Austria
- x 1
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
IIRC it was 100x100 once (after the phpBB3 upgrade?!), but since I'm registered to a plethora of forums I could as well be confusing it.
However, my avatar is 100 pixels high, so I think the limit was 100x100 somewhen.
However, my avatar is 100 pixels high, so I think the limit was 100x100 somewhen.
- lonewolff
- Ogre Magi
- Posts: 1207
- Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
- x 6
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
Yes, it was when it went to phpBB3.
Is it limited back again is it? I sliiped in at the right time then
Is it limited back again is it? I sliiped in at the right time then
- JohnJ
- OGRE Expert User

- Posts: 975
- Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:14 am
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- x 4
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
Hmm, too bad. I think 100x100 isn't unreasonable at all really, seeing people with sigs that size here. The smaller ones look kind of out of place I think when next to a forum badge.
- lonewolff
- Ogre Magi
- Posts: 1207
- Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
- x 6
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
I find lately that tod's avatar is hauntingly cool

- koirat
- Orc
- Posts: 446
- Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:56 pm
- x 13
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
I don't remember the guys nick name. But he has half of it's avatar with Gordon Freeman and the second half I guess it's his photo. If my assumption is true than it is a great idea, considering similarities.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
- lonewolff
- Ogre Magi
- Posts: 1207
- Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
- x 6
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
I know the one too. Wasn't it half Gordon Freeman and Dr House?
- Kojack
- OGRE Moderator

- Posts: 7157
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- x 538
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
Tod's avatar is damn creepy, I feel uncomfortable whenever it's on screen. Awesome. 
I'd like it if phpbb preserved the avatar used when a post was made, so if someone changes their avatar you can still see the old one in previous posts. Kind of like how live journal lets you have multiple avatars and choose which to use for each post.
I'd like it if phpbb preserved the avatar used when a post was made, so if someone changes their avatar you can still see the old one in previous posts. Kind of like how live journal lets you have multiple avatars and choose which to use for each post.
- lonewolff
- Ogre Magi
- Posts: 1207
- Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
- x 6
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
I know what you mean. But, it keeps you staring at it though, doesn't it.Kojack wrote:Tod's avatar is damn creepy, I feel uncomfortable whenever it's on screen. Awesome.
-
psquare
- Hobgoblin
- Posts: 554
- Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:26 pm
- x 7
Re: Quest for the coolest avatar
I found it! I had forgotten the user name:koirat wrote:I don't remember the guys nick name. But he has half of it's avatar with Gordon Freeman and the second half I guess it's his photo. If my assumption is true than it is a great idea, considering similarities.
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/memberlist ... ile&u=5031