SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
-
linuzappz
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:09 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
hi all.
I ported all materials and hlsl shaders to glsl shaders, and compiled SkyX.so, SkyX demos on linux. Now demos works fine under linux platform and opengl...
I ported all materials and hlsl shaders to glsl shaders, and compiled SkyX.so, SkyX demos on linux. Now demos works fine under linux platform and opengl...
- boyamer
- Orc
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Italy
- x 6
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Great news,do you plan to release sources and shaders?
-
linuzappz
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:09 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
now i'm working on some glitches, maybe tomorrow
-
lukashoror
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Hi, i've two troubles with SkyX when moon is visible and lispsm shadows is enabled - at day is everything ok. And moon is strange sized without a reason. When moon is visible and camera position (not direction) is changed, assert is reached. (Sorry about too many attachments)
Is anybody out there with same experiences? When shadows is turned off, assert is not reachet but moon flickers with camera position changes. I'm using Ogre 1.7 with boost threading.
-
grol
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:27 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Nice work!!!
I'm dealing with shadows (when I enable them, sky disappear) but haven't spent so much time with it. I'll keep trying!
thanks!!!
I'm dealing with shadows (when I enable them, sky disappear) but haven't spent so much time with it. I'll keep trying!
thanks!!!
- wacom
- Gnome
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:07 pm
-
artn3r
- Halfling
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:01 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
How can i set the cloud coverage of the volumetric clouds?
thanks
thanks
- vilgeits
- Goblin
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Bug found in skyx.material
should be
Code: Select all
param_named uRadius 30000Code: Select all
param_named uRadius float 30000-
hangchon18
- Halfling
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:03 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
When I use Sample_Terrain with SkyX,it is Attachment problem.
Ading in Sample_Terrain the following code:
Any idea? 
Ading in Sample_Terrain the following code:
Code: Select all
mSkyX->getGPUManager()->addGroundPass(
static_cast<Ogre::MaterialPtr>(Ogre::MaterialManager::getSingleton().
getByName("OgreTerrain/testSkyX"))->getTechnique(0)->createPass(), 1000, Ogre::SBT_TRANSPARENT_COLOUR);
- vilgeits
- Goblin
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
My moon is really really small any ideas about it?
Edit: it seems that it depends on Far/Near Clips
Edit: it seems that it depends on Far/Near Clips
-
whiplash
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:41 pm
- Location: <skip>
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Hello!
(Sorry, from my noob's question) My scene have terrain (new component) and sky (skyx plugin). How i can apply sun's shadows and/or sun's ligthing in my terrain? (if night - terrain gray, if day - terrain light). I should set custom terrain material? Please, write simple code for issue my problem.
Thanks!
(Sorry, from my noob's question) My scene have terrain (new component) and sky (skyx plugin). How i can apply sun's shadows and/or sun's ligthing in my terrain? (if night - terrain gray, if day - terrain light). I should set custom terrain material? Please, write simple code for issue my problem.
Thanks!
- vilgeits
- Goblin
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
I'm also looking for this but without luck.artn3r wrote:How can i set the cloud coverage of the volumetric clouds?
thanks
-
Lansbury
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:45 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
No news about SkyX 0.2? 
-
scratchyrice
- Gnome
- Posts: 361
- Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:14 pm
- Location: United Kingdom - England
- x 21
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Use the "setWheater"How can i set the cloud coverage of the volumetric clouds?
Example:
Code: Select all
_mSkyX->getVCloudsManager()->getVClouds()->setWheater(density, 1, 0)Scratchyrice
AMD Ryzen 7900x, Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 3080 10GB, 32GB DDR5
- vilgeits
- Goblin
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
It don't appears on intellisense options (VS 2008), it compiles fine but don't changes nothing on the scenescratchyrice wrote:Use the "setWheater"How can i set the cloud coverage of the volumetric clouds?
Example:Hope this helpsCode: Select all
_mSkyX->getVCloudsManager()->getVClouds()->setWheater(density, 1, 0)
Scratchyrice
Thanks anyway.
-
artn3r
- Halfling
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:01 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
I have the solution for the cloud coverage problem:
after setting the weather, you have to wait a loooong
time to see the changes. you have to change another
value.
this is my python-ogre code, hope it helps
this runs in a 2nd thread, that's why the sleep is there.
setUpdateTime tells the SkyX system after how many frames
the vclouds are updated. 10 is my normal setting, if i set
this value to 1, i can see the changes to the weather quite soon.
you have to play with this value, and with setTimeScale to
see the changes! works fine for me.
Regards,
Christian
after setting the weather, you have to wait a loooong
time to see the changes. you have to change another
value.
this is my python-ogre code, hope it helps
this runs in a 2nd thread, that's why the sleep is there.
Code: Select all
coverage = 0.01 #nearly no clouds
vclouds = sky.getVCloudsManager().getVClouds()
vclouds.getDataManager().setUpdateTime(1);
vclouds.setWheater(coverage,coverage)
time.sleep(2); #while the 2 seconds, the clouds are changing their density
vclouds.getDataManager().setUpdateTime(10);
the vclouds are updated. 10 is my normal setting, if i set
this value to 1, i can see the changes to the weather quite soon.
you have to play with this value, and with setTimeScale to
see the changes! works fine for me.
Regards,
Christian
- vilgeits
- Goblin
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Yeah, it works!artn3r wrote:I have the solution for the cloud coverage problem:
after setting the weather, you have to wait a loooong
time to see the changes. you have to change another
value.
this is my python-ogre code, hope it helps
this runs in a 2nd thread, that's why the sleep is there.setUpdateTime tells the SkyX system after how many framesCode: Select all
coverage = 0.01 #nearly no clouds vclouds = sky.getVCloudsManager().getVClouds() vclouds.getDataManager().setUpdateTime(1); vclouds.setWheater(coverage,coverage) time.sleep(2); #while the 2 seconds, the clouds are changing their density vclouds.getDataManager().setUpdateTime(10);
the vclouds are updated. 10 is my normal setting, if i set
this value to 1, i can see the changes to the weather quite soon.
you have to play with this value, and with setTimeScale to
see the changes! works fine for me.
Regards,
Christian
I think that this question has not too much sense since is said that multiple cameras are not supported but i just use a simple RTT to the floor and the VClouds are flickering...
-
artn3r
- Halfling
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:01 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
i use a rtt too and my clouds are not flickering. what's your setup?
i can post a video if you like.
regards
christian
i can post a video if you like.
regards
christian
- vilgeits
- Goblin
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
You mean VClouds?
I'm using near:2 far:100000 as clipping planes the rest of the options are the default one. Also the flickering only happens on smart angles.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT: anyway still I don't understand at all the relationship between the clipping planes and the atmosphere.
I'm using near:2 far:100000 as clipping planes the rest of the options are the default one. Also the flickering only happens on smart angles.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT: anyway still I don't understand at all the relationship between the clipping planes and the atmosphere.
-
artn3r
- Halfling
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:01 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
yes i mean vclouds. ok i tried it at very small angles, now i see what you mean.
i never realized that before. it happens only when the plane intersects with the
near clip plane i think.
my output:

i think you should take a look to the Hydrax/SkyX demo. Can't remember
if there are vclouds, but you can download the sources and enable vclouds
and see if it is the same as with out rtts...
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52166
The flickering in the reflection is z-fighting i think, don't know where it
comes... i keep on trying with the values, and maybe we can fix this
in pre/postRendertargetUpdate...
Let me know if there is any progress
Regards
Christian
i never realized that before. it happens only when the plane intersects with the
near clip plane i think.
my output:

i think you should take a look to the Hydrax/SkyX demo. Can't remember
if there are vclouds, but you can download the sources and enable vclouds
and see if it is the same as with out rtts...
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52166
The flickering in the reflection is z-fighting i think, don't know where it
comes... i keep on trying with the values, and maybe we can fix this
in pre/postRendertargetUpdate...
Let me know if there is any progress
Regards
Christian
- vilgeits
- Goblin
- Posts: 298
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 pm
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
If I found something I'll post it here. Is great to know that I don't walk alone 
-
hatboyzero
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:14 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Does anyone have and can provide the makefile they are using for compiling SkyX and associated demos under linux?
Matthew Alan Gray
http://www.matthewalangray.com
http://www.matthewalangray.com
-
hatboyzero
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:14 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
Nevermind -- I'm in the process of creating cmake files for SkyX and associated demos... Assuming I get them to work, I'll go ahead and post an archive of the SkyX source with the cmake files here if noone has a problem with that
.
Matthew Alan Gray
http://www.matthewalangray.com
http://www.matthewalangray.com
- aguru
- Goblin
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:48 pm
- x 3
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
I think there are no glsl/cg shaders for skyx yet, so you would have to port the shaders to an opengl-compatible shader format, too, to the it to work on linux.hatboyzero wrote:evermind -- I'm in the process of creating cmake files for SkyX and associated demos... Assuming I get them to work, I'll go ahead and post an archive of the SkyX source with the cmake files here if noone has a problem with that.
-
pedrogbranco
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 12:13 am
Re: SkyX plugin [SkyX 0.1 released! - Page 1]
First of all, congrats to Xavier Verguín González for this plug-in
i am very new to Ogre and i am having some troubles integrating SkyX with my faculty project.
I have SkyX_d.dll compile with Multi Thread DLL to avoid the problem reported before. SkyX is included on my project and on my sky manager i have the following just for test (it crashes on create()):
#include "SkyManager.h"
#include <OgreTextAreaOverlayElement.h>
SkyManager::SkyManager(SceneManager *gSceneManager, Root* gRoot)
{
mSceneMgr = gSceneManager;
mRoot = gRoot;
mSkyX = new SkyX::SkyX(mSceneMgr, mSceneMgr->getCamera("MainCamera"));
}
SkyManager::~SkyManager()
{
}
void SkyManager::setup()
{
Ogre::LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("SkyManager::Setup");
//mSceneMgr->setSkyBox(true, "Examples/CloudyNoonSkyBox");
mSkyX->create();
}
I get the following:

ON SkyX.cpp
mAtmosphereManager->_update(mAtmosphereManager->getOptions(), true);
ON GPUmanager
getByName(mSkyX->getMeshManager()->getMaterialName()))->getTechnique(0)->getPass(0)->getFragmentProgramParameters();
Sorry if i can't explain better the issue.
If someone could help ii would be great
Best regards
i am very new to Ogre and i am having some troubles integrating SkyX with my faculty project.
I have SkyX_d.dll compile with Multi Thread DLL to avoid the problem reported before. SkyX is included on my project and on my sky manager i have the following just for test (it crashes on create()):
#include "SkyManager.h"
#include <OgreTextAreaOverlayElement.h>
SkyManager::SkyManager(SceneManager *gSceneManager, Root* gRoot)
{
mSceneMgr = gSceneManager;
mRoot = gRoot;
mSkyX = new SkyX::SkyX(mSceneMgr, mSceneMgr->getCamera("MainCamera"));
}
SkyManager::~SkyManager()
{
}
void SkyManager::setup()
{
Ogre::LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("SkyManager::Setup");
//mSceneMgr->setSkyBox(true, "Examples/CloudyNoonSkyBox");
mSkyX->create();
}
I get the following:

ON SkyX.cpp
mAtmosphereManager->_update(mAtmosphereManager->getOptions(), true);
ON GPUmanager
getByName(mSkyX->getMeshManager()->getMaterialName()))->getTechnique(0)->getPass(0)->getFragmentProgramParameters();
Sorry if i can't explain better the issue.
If someone could help ii would be great
Best regards