Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
Post Reply
home3d2001
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by home3d2001 »

Hello,

First of all, I apologize if my question doesn't belong here but since I have seen many users in this community who use wxwidget, I thought I would post my problem here and hopefully someone could help me out.I have posted this problem even in Wxwidget forum and many other Graphic forums but no one yet has responded.

Here is my Problem:

I am trying to get the Multisampling working in version 2.8.11. I have done multisampling in win32 and SDL but I can't figure out how it is being done in wxwidget 2.8.11.

I have searched over the internet for weeks and it seems it is only possible through a patch.However the patch is for the oldest version of Wxwidget and I don't know if it works with version 2.8.11.I don't want to mess my wxwidget 2.8.11 header files.

Here is the link to this patch:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2156 ... gl-program

I also have no ideas how to do a patch since the tutorial link for doing it is dead. I would appreciate if someone help me out.


Thank you in advanced,

H
home3d2001
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by home3d2001 »

Does anybody here have a suggestion or comments for my question?. I would appreciate it if somebody responds......
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by jacmoe »

home3d2001 wrote:I have posted this problem even in Wxwidget forum and many other Graphic forums but no one yet has responded.
Does it occur to you that you might be in the wrong forum? :)
OpenGL, SDL and wxWidgets has not a lot to do with OGRE.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
home3d2001
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by home3d2001 »

With all due respect, I am sure you didn't even take your time to read my first post carefully.
If you just don't know the answer you could simply say, I DON'T KNOW so I can go find my answer somewhere else ......
OpenGL, SDL and wxWidgets has not a lot to do with OGRE.
Hmm, your statement doesn't make real sense at all......
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by jacmoe »

Neither does yours.
So, you're asking how to patch wxWidgets to allow for multi-sampling using OpenGL ?
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
home3d2001
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by home3d2001 »

Yes, Wxwidget doesn't support Multi sampling by default so you need to patch it in order to get it to work.

I have spent almost 3 weeks just searching for a solution.... There is nothing out there expect an old patch for 2.8.8 version with a dead link to how to do the patch.... It is quite frustrating.....

I have also posted this problem in Wxwidgets forum for weeks (Which I am 100% sure my question belongs to) but no one has even responded. This is WHY I posted my question here since I have seen so many people are using wxwidget here and thought maybe someone can help me out.....
dermont
Bugbear
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:51 am
x 42

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by dermont »

Maybe you should try using wxWidets svn trunk.

http://www.wxwidgets.org/develop/svn.htm

Code: Select all

glcanvas.h

enum
{
    ....
    WX_GL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS,  // 1 for multisampling support (antialiasing)
    WX_GL_SAMPLES          // 4 for 2x2 antialising supersampling on most graphics cards
};
home3d2001
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by home3d2001 »

Thanks for reply. Are you suggesting that Wxwidget uses svn trunk now on for doing the patch?. I have already have the latest update of wxwidgets but glcanvas.h and glcanvas.cpp are missing the functions I need.

Also, Have you got it to work yourself?

Thanks again,
dermont
Bugbear
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:51 am
x 42

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by dermont »

home3d2001 wrote:Thanks for reply. Are you suggesting that Wxwidget uses svn trunk now on for doing the patch?. I have already have the latest update of wxwidgets but glcanvas.h and glcanvas.cpp are missing the functions I need.

Also, Have you got it to work yourself?

Thanks again,
No, I'm suggesting that you should use Wxwidget svn trunk which already appears to have the updates that you are looking for. You should really be asking this on the wxWidgets forum.
http://svn.wxwidgets.org/svn/wx/wxWidge ... glcanvas.h
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by jacmoe »

The wxWidgets people are hanging out on the mailing list - try there.
They are not likely to use the wxWidgets forum - they are old-skool. :)
Believe me, I've been there and done that.
Use the mailing list(s).
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
home3d2001
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11

Post by home3d2001 »

Jacmoe:

Alright I will give it a try, makes sense... Thanks anyways....

dermont:
No, I'm suggesting that you should use Wxwidget svn trunk which already appears to have the updates that you are looking for. You should really be asking this on the wxWidgets forum.
Well pal, I have really asked this question there... no answer to this day.....
Post Reply