And I thought games had the worst hacks...

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
Post Reply
User avatar
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Dublin, CA, US
x 22

And I thought games had the worst hacks...

Post by xavier »

So I restarted my computer and Outlook wouldn't start -- said "Cannot open the Outlook window".

Turns out....

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/268
outlook.exe /resetnavpane
I mean really...it's one thing to say "go hack around in the Registry to fix Problem X", it's another thing entirely to codify the hack into a feature by giving it a command-line option...seriously, they can't fix whatever it is that causes whatever it is?

Thought y'all might get a kick out of that one...
Do you need help? What have you tried?

Image

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.
BTolputt
Greenskin
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:05 am
x 2

Re: And I thought games had the worst hacks...

Post by BTolputt »

-laugh- Yes, I indeed got a kick out of that... It implies that they have a fix for the symptom but don't know the actual cause. So they provide the fix as it is better than an unresolvable issue... still pretty bad (& hence funny) though! :D
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Re: And I thought games had the worst hacks...

Post by jacmoe »

That's one of the better WTFs I've seen in a while. :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Post Reply