iPad Support

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
pestly
Gnoblar

iPad Support

Post by pestly »

I mean this in the development sense - I think it'd be great to be able to actually make games using OGRE on the iPad. Being able to make games is the only huge thing missing from the iPad for me and I'm sure others feel the same.

More specifically, what'd be great would be:
1. Offering the full capabilities of OGRE, self contained in an app.
2. Being able to install plugins from something similar to the App store concept, for simplicity's sake.
3. Compile games for direct download on select supported platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux, maybe even web for iPad support!)

I know that would take a lot of work to pull off, but it would greatly improve the ratings for OGRE and give a lot of people more incentive to use it than just "it's a decent, open source, free graphics engine..." - I wouldn't even own a full desktop if I could make games on the iPad.

And if all of these are flat out stupid ideas, at least make a decent multi-touch interface for Windows 7 tablets. :P
DanielSefton
Ogre Magi

Re: iPad Support

Post by DanielSefton »

Ogre already has iPad support... :?
GenesisRage
Halfling

Post by GenesisRage »

as for #3 not sure exactly what your asking, but AFAIK to meet apple's terms you need to compile apps on a Mac with XCode*
*as from talking with Shiva3D devs
IRC Nick: Jake-GR
madmarx
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by madmarx »

And if all of these are flat out stupid ideas, at least make a decent multi-touch interface for Windows 7 tablets
You are misunderstanding something : input has nothing to do with ogre. Ogre is a 3D engin, not some kind of game engin or tech demo...
Tutorials + Ogre searchable API + more for Ogre1.7 : http://sourceforge.net/projects/so3dtools/
Corresponding thread : http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 93&start=0
seanman05

Post by seanman05 »

Yes! iPad support would be awesome.
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by betajaen »

seanman05 wrote:Yes! iPad support would be awesome.
Yeah, we already have it.