Sample iPhone code starts but crashes

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
bitblit
Gnoblar

Sample iPhone code starts but crashes

Post by bitblit »

I followed the instructions on the wiki to build Ogre for the iPhone. I even installed all the optional components including Boost. I'm using Xcode 3.2.3. I'm not sure what the sample code is supposed to do, but on the simulator I see a greenish gray screen with the Ogre logo. About 2 minutes later, I see a 90 degree rotated screen. On my iPhone 4, I see the same greenish gray screen with the Ogre logo. 6 seconds later the screen goes black. I waited but didn't see anything else hapen. When I touch the screen I get a:

Assertion failed: (index < mViewportList.size() && "Index out of bounds"), function getViewport, file /Users/mbenson/ogre/OgreMain/src/OgreRenderTarget.cpp, line 444.

Has anybody else run into this? Is there an obvious solution to this?
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Sample iPhone code starts but crashes

Post by masterfalcon »

Could you post the log too?
bitblit
Gnoblar

Post by bitblit »

I tried the prebuilt iPhone binary and that seems to work.
bitblit
Gnoblar

Post by bitblit »

Sorry. I tried to run it again, but it appears my Ogre libraries are now corrupt. Any attempt to compile or link anything Ogre related causes Xcode to lock up.
bitblit
Gnoblar

Post by bitblit »

I think I built it incorrectly. After several other attempts, I think I finally got a clean install. Everything seems to work now.